Consultant, Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Communications) (Remote)
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Appirio is a global services company that helps customers compete and win in the cloud economy. As the leader in enterprise crowdsourcing, we deliver unmatched customer value by combining the world's top talent with a unique cloud services platform. Our platform harnesses the power of one of the world's largest crowdsourcing communities, thousands of ready to deploy assets, and leading cloud, industry and technical experts, to help our customers drive competitive advantage. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world's largest brands, including Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Georgia-Pacific, Home Depot, Moen, and Sony PlayStation.
Brief Summary of Role:
Appirio is looking for a Pre-Sales Solution Architect to join our team, with a specific focus on supporting sales of Salesforce.com implementation/integration opportunities.
- Partner closely with the Appirio sales team to drive new services revenue
- Provides technical support in sales calls, solution presentations, and assists the Enterprise Account Executive and client Partners with understanding customer requirements
- Translates customer business objectives and requirements into solutions and level-of-effort estimates for implementing those solutions
- Collaborates closely on RFI and RFP responses.
- Delivers excellent services sales presentations to the customer in support of the sales process
- Acts as trusted advisor to customers by always being consultative--anticipating customer needs and applying the benefit of your experience and expertise to their project/program approach.
- Responds to customer questions and objections on technical issues
- Validates technical recommendations against customer requirements and assists with preparing and red-lining statements of work
- Provides informal training and mentoring skills to customers and other Appirio employees
- Continuously reinforced and demonstrate Appirio's capabilities, thought-leadership and culture.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements):
- BS in Computer Science, Software engineering, MIS or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of on-the-job experience with enterprise-level, cloud-based systems and solutions or web-based system development processes.
- 2+ years of implementation experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience in the communications industry is required.
- Ability to take joint ownership of the assigned accounts/opportunities with the Account Executive and lead account management on technical issues.
- Experience interacting with C-level and key enterprise stakeholders in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, and skills related to working and resolving problems in customer accounts.
- Experience in custom application development preferred.
- Prior sales or pre-sales experience required; estimation experience highly preferred. Must thrive in a sales environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across sales, delivery, operations, etc.
- Travel requirements, up to 40%.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Appirio, Minneapolis , Consultant, Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Communications) (Remote), Sales , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!