National Director of Sales - Dealer Channel
Company: Elkay Manufacturing
Posted on: September 15, 2018
National Director of Sales - Dealer ChannelOur goal at Elkay is to inspire everyday - customers, employees---and the employees of tomorrow. We focus on doing the right thing so we can be in business forever. Our values-driven culture emphasizes investing in people and treating them like part of the family. We're financially-stable and privately-owned with a solid reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow. It's Elkay's people who really give us our edge. We empower our employees to take the lead in delivering Elkay's exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today's leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery and cabinetry products. If you're ready for a new career challenge where everything you do will make a difference, talk to us about joining the Elkay family. Direct and lead sales and maximization of profit for the cabinetry Dealer channel across the continental United States. Develop corporate strategy, national sales forecasts, operating budgets and promotional spend for Elkay's cabinetry sales direct to dealers and small builders (there is another team that focuses on large builders). Manage multiple sales territories via regional sales managers, factory and independent rep agencies and national account managers. We will consider candidates that live near a major airport; Waconia, MN headquarter location would be a plus, but is not essential. Specific duties include:
- Develop key market segmentation information, gather and analyze competitor product offering, pricing and go-to-market strategies.
- Identify, assess and develop new applications and channels, and market products in conjunction with product line objectives. Manage annual sales volume of 75m or greater.
- Increase sales and market share in new and existing business channels by achieving or exceeding sales unit volume, sales revenue and gross margin business objectives. Manage product and services portfolio to maximize local revenues and gross margins and develop market sales forecast.
- Develop sales growth and market share targets, negotiate and implement product specific pricing, and develop sales expense budgets to achieve targeted gross margins and product profitability. Oversee and develop forecasting and budgeting.
- Travel with sales managers and sales reps to introduce new products and programs, develop local market specific sales support tools, collaborate with product management and marketing services to devise pricing strategies, promotional activities, customer sales programs and identify accounts.
- Develop relationships with industry leaders, customers and market influencers. Build new networks of contacts on behalf of the company to stimulate interest in products, provide sales management analysis data, projections, trends, customer needs and other relevant information as appropriate or needed.
- Set objectives, manage and evaluate the performance of regional managers and national account managers, and provide guidance and lead/coach. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years' sales experience in related kitchen and bath arena strongly preferred. Dealer experience essential. Successful track record of achieving top and bottom line growth essential.
- 5+ years of people management experience, including proven track record of developing direct and indirect reports a must.
- National sales experience strongly preferred.
- Strong track record of successful relationships at all levels, internally and externally, a must.
- Proven negotiation skills essential.
- Strong business acumen imperative.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
Keywords: Elkay Manufacturing, Minneapolis , National Director of Sales - Dealer Channel, Sales , Waconia, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!