Account Director I-WE Sales
Posted on: March 19, 2023
DescriptionWindstream is a leading provider of advance network
communications and technology solutions for consumers, small
businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across
the U.S. About the Role: The Account Director I is responsible for
selling new logo prospects and developing customer targets within
an assigned territory. This position serves as the point of contact
to educate prospective and existing customers about the full suite
of Windstream Enterprise solutions (network services, the UCAAS
portfolio, managed services for LAN/WAN/Security, professional
services defined as advisory services, migration and governance,
and PMO offerings for network, cloud, and security.) The Account
Director I will provide valuable insights into the industry, gain
an understanding of clients' business-impacting challenges, and
make recommendations to support clients' strategic initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Contact prospective customers by cold calling, networking, lead
generation, proposal submission and customer appointments to
identify new sales opportunities in your territory.
- Respond with urgency to lead-generated information; identify
and solicit new business; build and maintain a full pipeline of
sales prospects to generate revenue and exceed sales targets.
- Assist in creating account plans and strategies to win new
- Build and sustain consultative relationships with senior
executives; identify budget owners, stake holders, influencers, and
decision makers to gain in-depth knowledge of clients' business
priorities, challenges and initiatives so you can cross-sell and
up-sell to solve the customers challenges and generate new
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of
identified and proposed opportunities to meet or exceed sales quota
- Effectively close business and gain buy-in to select Windstream
as a partner.
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified
opportunities for Managed IT and Network Services into targeted
prospects, focus on multi-location retail and services enterprise
customers who have a high propensity to leverage Windstream
Enterprise's solution set.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and formal presentation
skills to influence clients ranging from technical implementers
through CTO/CIO levels.
- Coordinate the activities of an extended solution development
team of sales engineers, technical subject matter experts and
product resources; work cross-functionally to deliver
customer-centric solutions. Qualifications - External Do You Have?
- Demonstrated and verifiable record of achievement in enterprise
strategic account management, consultative sales and uncovering new
- A proven track record of following up on generated leads that
result in the acquisition of new business; experience driving a
strategic consulting service into new accounts while consistently
achieving or exceeding sales goals by generating and maintaining a
- Experience working as a trusted advisor to decision makers at
all levels within large corporations to understand the direction of
the business and offer strategic solutions.
- Experience selling into technical/solutions-based industry
including experience with complex deals, enterprise level
customers, multi-location customers, retail, or retail-like
- Demonstrated experience selling multi-tower solution
- Disciplined approach selling into Right-to-Win space,
- Outstanding organization and project management skills; strong
verbal, written, and formal presentation skills; proficient in MS
- Strong business, financial and technical acumen.
- Working knowledge of selling IP, data, and voice network
- Strong client service relationship-building skills; persuasive
with the ability to analyze and solve problems, negotiate, and
- College degree or equivalent and 8 years field sales experience
directly related to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 10
years job-related field sales experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and job-related field sales experience
required. Even Better:
- Experience in business communications application sales.
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities, and multitask in
a fast-paced environment.
- Independent, stress-tolerant, self-motivated, competitive,
assertive, pro-active, and results-oriented; able to work with
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling
- Understands market dynamics including demographics. Our
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate's
primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills
and experience.QualificationsMinimum Requirements: College degree
or equivalent and 8 years field sales experience directly related
to job (outside, direct sales experience) or 12 years job-related
field sales experience; or an equivalent combination of education
and job-related field sales experience required. This is a safety
sensitive position.Job Category: SalesPrimary Location:
US-Minnesota-Virtual Office MN 1.08Other Locations:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Minneapolis , Account Director I-WE Sales, Sales , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...