Sales Specialist- Personal Lines
Company: TechDigital Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Sales Specialist is a staff member of the Agency and not an
employee of American Family Insurance.
The Sales Specialist role markets, prospects and sells American
Family Insurance products in a specialized product line. Maintains
effective customer relationships, understands customer's needs, and
matches them with appropriate product and service offerings.
Promotes brand awareness through participation in agency and
The Personal Lines Sales Specialist is responsible for attaining
sales, profitability, and service goals for personal lines
- Develops knowledge of the local market dynamics for business
development opportunities for personal lines products.
- Helps the Agency grow by using consultative selling techniques
to sell insurance products to new customers.
- Proactively cross-sells and or coordinates with agency team
members to provide additional coverage to existing
- Prospects for new business through leads, telephone calls,
networking events, trade shows, and personal contacts (Includes
leads through COI, social media, B2B and B2C networks, and sales
- Secures new business through individual effort and established
- Prepares quotations and applications and delivers effective
presentations to close sales.
- Complies with underwriting guidelines and contacts appropriate
divisions for underwriting guidance when needed.
- Conducts sales and review appointments with prospective and
- Meets and exceeds sales goals.
Company and Brand Promotion:
- Develops, maintains, and cultivates community contacts to
enhance agency visibility and maximize new business
- Participates in events designed to promote brand awareness and
- Retains existing customers by providing industry-leading
- Ensures completion of requested account and policy updates and
- Coordinates the involvement of appropriate agency and or
business partners when necessary to resolve customer issues.
Knowledge and Skill Development:
Continually improves knowledge in area or field of specialization,
insurance industry, products, underwriting requirements, sales,
customer service and supporting technology.
Participates in continuing education and professional designation
Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to
sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products. The following lines
of authority are required for this position: Property and
Valid driver's license required
- Ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and
- Active involvement in the local community.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office
Suites, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Experience using a wide range of digital devices such as
smartphones, tablets, and laptop computers.
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not
limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram,
Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and
- Demonstrated effective personal lines prospecting and sales
Keywords: TechDigital Corporation, Minneapolis , Sales Specialist- Personal Lines, Sales , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!