Technical Sales Manager
Location: New Richmond
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are ready to try something new. Are you?
We at Syntegon Technology are already developing sustainable
overall solutions for the pharmaceutical and food industries. As an
independent company, which emerged from the Bosch Group, 6100
experienced employees in over 15 countries are working to further
expand our leading position as a supplier of process and packaging
technology. Use your passion and commitment to contribute to a
better quality of life around the world and to actively shape our
Take the first step! Apply now!
The City of New Richmond, known as 'The City Beautiful', is located
an easy and quick commute in both directions from the
Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro area and a short distance from Eau
Claire, WI. City Beautiful it is, in setting, in character and
quality of life!
Position Summary: As a TSM (Technical Sales Manager) for the New
Richmond site you will be part of a team of TSMs responsive for
achieving the site sales targets for the BBB
(Bars/Bakery/Biscuits), Fresh & Frozen and Medical Device
industries. You will also be responsible for achieving the site
sales target for a given segment. You will work directly with the
front line sales team, as their primary technical and application
expert, to develop and manage sales opportunities.
- Work with the sales leadership team and Product Management to
develop and implement sales strategies & plans in order to achieve
the product line goals- to include geographic, customer,
application, product & competitive programs.
- Support the front line RTM (Route to Market) Sales team Review
RFQs/technical specifications. Develop solutions and act as a
technical consultant to the client.
- Assess incoming leads and make a bid/no bid decision for the
site based upon technical and commercial criteria.
- Work with Product Management, Application Engineering and
Engineering Product Line Owners to define product line requirements
and develop product line positioning and value proposition.
- Develop and provide product line and application training to
RSMs (Regional Sales Managers) and front line Agents. To include
machine training, value tools, competitive reviews, configuration
tools, financing options, emails that can be distributed by RSM to
local customers, success stories, etc. All to help the RSMs be more
- Become a recognized leader in our industry where customers,
magazine editors, etc. proactively seek you out for your opinion
and expertise in the market.
- Research and identify new market opportunities
- Stay up to date on current trends, technology, and competitors.
Act as a Key Opinion Leader for the designated industry, as related
to site product portfolio.
- Actively utilize CRM to manage sales process and track KPIs
including Sales Success Factors
- Be the lead in CRM opportunity creation, progression, and
detailing for agent identified projects
- Travel with the RTM team up to 60% (primarily domestic but
international as well, mainly in NAM region) to present technical
solutions and assist with closing of projects. Valid drivers
license and passport are required.
Supervisory Responsibility: No direct supervision of associates is
required, however, the TSM will be required to lead a team of
internal sales associates on an as needed project basis, to set the
agenda and sales goal road map.
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology or
Automation from an accredited university
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience within the Packaging
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in
the Packaging Industry
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of previous Technical Sales
Support or Customer Service experience in a manufacturing
- Previous Technical Sales experience is preferred
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, effective
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and experience with large
- Knowledge or experience with data tracking/serialization
- Problem solver, experience with highly technical/consultative
- Proven track record of developing and executing sales/business
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills at the
strategic and functional level
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Product Management experience a plus
- Project management skills or experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of contract law, terms and conditions of
- Able to use AUTOCAD software and produce simple floor
- Experience with SAP and/or other ERP
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at
www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the
hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by
telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations
(Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and
Allendale) prior to the job offer.by Jobble
Keywords: Syntegon, Minneapolis , Technical Sales Manager, Sales , New Richmond, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!