Category Analyst (Reporting, Data Analysis, Sales Velocity, Category Management)
Company: E. A. Sween Company
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job DetailsDescriptionEssential Functions of the Role:
- Develop and maintain reporting that measures performance
against strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve actionable
- Participate in category review process working with a
cross-functional team to provide complete category management
- Work closely and often with business managers to become a
- Quality control of data sources and ensuring accuracies in data
- customer, Nielsen, etc.
- Leverage available tools to assist in developing Distribution,
Shelving, Merchandising, and Price.
- Distribution voids / Assortment
- Plan - O- Grams
- Program analysis - ROI / Velocity
- Category / Brand reviews - identify opportunity gapsRequired
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- 2-4 years' experience with Sales and Data Analytics in an
applicable field (sales and marketing, CPG industry retailer or
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; curiosity,
enthusiasm for numbers and insights drawn from analytics.
- Syndicated Data experience: IRI, Nielsen, MSA, MPulse, Infobate
and other relevant platforms preferred.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations to
management, customers and field sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork.
- Advanced level computer aptitude in Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and
prioritization skills, including general business process and
- Resolve complex problems and issues with no supervision.
- Soft Skills
- Proactive, self-motivated working style.
- Must be able to work occasional extra hours.
- Must be able to work on/direct multiple projects at one time
without direct supervision and be able to handle deadlines,
confidential information, and interruptions in the work
- Experience with customer data and consumer data.
- 3-4 years related consumer packaged goods (CPG) work
experience.Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Generally, an office/desk position using a computer and
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- 5% out of town travel required.
- Part of a collaborative, 6-person sales planning and operations
team focused on advancing EAS's presence in the marketplace.
- Professional development encouraged and supported to achieve
employee and company highest potential.Qualifications 0"
style="display: none;"> Skills 0"> 0"> 0" style="display:
none;"> Behaviors 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;">
Motivations 0"> 0"> : 0" style="display: none;"> Education
0"> 0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Experience 0">
0"> 0" style="display: none;"> Licenses & Certifications
0"> 0"> Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: E. A. Sween Company, Minneapolis , Category Analyst (Reporting, Data Analysis, Sales Velocity, Category Management), Sales , Wayzata, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!