Accounting Analyst or Senior Accounting Analyst
Company: Endeavor Air
Posted on: November 21, 2019
About UsEndeavor Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines,
strives to operate the safest, most reliable jet air service in the
regional airline industry. With nearly 5,000 employees working as
one, Endeavor takes pride in delivering over 800 flights a day to
over 130 destinations across North America. Endeavor operates the
worlds largest fleet of Bombardier CRJ-900 NextGen aircraft, as
well as the CRJ-700 and CRJ-200 regional jets. With a growing
fleet, five crew and 11 maintenance bases, and the goal of hiring
hundreds of new employees to support its expanding network,
Endeavor offers limitless potential for aviation professionals
looking to start or continue their careers.OverviewReporting to the
Manager of Accounting, this position will be responsible for
complex accounting duties which include: processing journal
entries; performing account reconciliations; analysis of data;
coordination of month end close and preparation of management
reports and financial statements in accordance with Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles.Responsibilities
- Work under the direction and supervision of the Manager of
- Responsible for general ledger accounting and detailed analysis
for assigned Division. Prepare journal entries, account analysis,
and complex accrual calculations with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for timely completion of month-end, quarter-end,
and year-end close, journal entries, reconciliations, reporting,
and other duties such as financial reports and account summaries
while ensuring the integrity of all data.
- Research and resolve questions related to accounting and
- Monitor and analyze existing processes to develop more
efficient procedures while maintaining a high level of
- Maintain strong controls over all confidential data.
- Identify/Analyze operational financial issues and
recommend/implement opportunities and improvements.
- Provide ad-hoc project support and prepare operational analysis
and/or management reports as needed.
- Interface with and maintain strong working relationships across
all functions within the company, as well as all levels of
- Perform SOX testing and internal audits on financial and
- Computer work, in a typical office environment; subject to
critical deadlines and fast-paced environment at times. Some travel
may be necessary.
- Position may include other duties as determined by the
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other
business-related discipline with 3 to 5 years of recent experience
in relevant positions.
- 2+ years airline experience preferred, CPA license and/or
Masters Degree is desirable.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Capable of organizing priorities and performing job functions
with close attention to detail in a highly dynamic,
- Demonstrate strong initiative and the ability to work well in a
- Able to work with confidential information, minimal
supervision, and under strict deadlines and on multiple projects
- Must possess strong financial modeling skills as well as a
solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
and able to work with all levels of an organization including
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel &
PowerPoint). Experience with financial applications (SAP, Hyperion
Financial Management) preferred.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Some repetitive motion such as typing and position requires
some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending,
standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, etc. not
in excess of 30 lbs.
- Can involve long periods of sitting.
- Ability to work additional hours including evenings and
weekends as needed.
Keywords: Endeavor Air, Minneapolis , Accounting Analyst or Senior Accounting Analyst, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!