Identity and Access Management Architect
Company: Securian Financial Group
Posted on: November 11, 2019
When you're a Securian Financial employee, you're part of a
hard-working, high-performing, bright-thinking, make-things-happen
family. One that sees your potential on day one, challenging you to
grow your unique strengths as you create a career filled with
opportunity, collaboration and meaning. One where you get the
support and flexibility to become the person you want to be, at
work and outside of it. For our newest team members and our most
tenured, we're committed to being an employer of choice.
Department: Enterprise Cybersecurity Solutions
Overview: The Enterprise Cybersecurity Solutions (ECS) group has an
exciting new opportunity for a highly skilled and experienced IAM
Architect. This individual will play a key role in designing and
developing identity, entitlement, and solutions that will
streamline how Securian approaches and treats Identity and Access.
In the role, you will serve as the champion of the ECS
architectural vision, strategy, and principles to Securian
associates, partners, customers, and leadership. As an IAM
Architect, you will be partnering with the enterprise architecture
team to enable architectural design reviews to ensure proposed
solutions are in support of overall security goals for the
organization. The IAM Security Architect uses knowledge of current
security methods, best practices, and standards to provide
direction to developers and infrastructure teams regarding proper
Identity and Access Management (IAM) deployments. The IAM Security
Architect will be heavily involved with Securian information
technologies infrastructure, application development and various
business teams. You will report directly to the IAM Program
Manager, a member of the Enterprise Cybersecurity Solutions
What you would do in this job:
- Drive the identity and access management strategy.
- Design integrated and secured authentication and authorization
systems for customer facing, on premise and cloud systems.
- Design processes and controls to ensure identity and access
management efforts are in compliance with applicable regulatory and
- Provide technical consultation regarding Securian system's
security policies, standards, guidelines and baselines.
- Act as subject matter expert on identity and access management
solutions for Securian stakeholders and business partners.
- Provide guidance, leadership and education to project teams and
business units on Securian's IAM solutions.
- Monitor and research security trends to determine their
potential impact on the enterprise; and adjust strategies and
initiatives to align with business objectives.
- Utilize agile tools, technologies and processes to carry out
What we'd expect from you:
- Solid understanding of information security access controls
across multiple technology areas including on premise, SaaS,
customer facing and Cloud.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and designing solutions
using identity technologies such as entitlement management, RBAC,
privileged access management, PKI-CKM, customer identity, and
- Cross functional engagement with privacy, governance, risk and
- Familiarity with compliance and security standards including
ISO 27001, PCI and NIST CSF.
Preferred skills for this job:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a
related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Individual technical Cyber Security Certification through one
of the recognized bodies preferred (SANS/ISACA/ISC2).
- Excellent technical aptitude, resourcefulness and critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you could expect from us:
Securian Financial is based in downtown St. Paul for nearly 140
years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating
15,000+ employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide
extensive resources to our employees for professional development
and growth and a number of diverse professional and social
opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our
employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Discounted Metro Transit costs. All buses and the light rail
stop within 3 blocks of our buildings.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
- Ergonomic sit/stand desks.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 3-6
hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per
- Ability to perform simple grasping including handwriting, paper
manipulation, sorting, folding, etc. periodically throughout entire
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Equal employment opportunity:Securian Financial Group, Inc. does
not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or
familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information,
political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public
assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other
status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If
you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation
to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone
(voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at
For all inquiries about this position, please apply directly on our
website or contact us at for further questions.
Keywords: Securian Financial Group, Minneapolis , Identity and Access Management Architect, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!