Consultant, Risk and Internal Audit Consulting, Business Process Focus
Company: Baker Tilly
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Due to the continued growth of our Risk and Internal Audit
Consulting Practice, we are currently interviewing for a Staff
Consultant to join our Minneapolis, MN office location! Our Risk
and Internal Audit Consulting Practice is comprised of
professionals who are Certified Public Accountants, Certified
Internal Auditors, Certified Fraud Examiners, former industry
leaders and contract experts who have the technical expertise to
deliver exceptional results tailored to meet the needs and offer
solutions to our clients. Our leadership team speaks and publishes
frequently on critical issues facing our clients, and serve in a
leadership capacity in a number of professional organizations. Our
clients span many industries including manufacturing and
distribution, higher education, financial services, healthcare,
professional services and other businesses.As a Staff Consultant,
in our Risk and Internal Audit Consulting Practice, you will work
with a select group of professionals aligned in an entrepreneurial
environment to provide service offerings that span all stages of
Risk Services to include:
- Compliance Program Development
- Internal Controls
- General hands on GAAP support
- Program/Project Management
- Fraud Investigations
- Forensic Accounting
- Business Process Re-Engineering and Data Analytics
- Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018 Baker Tilly Virchow Krauses
values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an
organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach,
strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and
commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly being ranked as one of the
top public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and
our offices consistently earning best place to work honors. Our
people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today
and where we will go in the future.
- Work directly with partners, managers and seniors, providing
internal audit and business advisory services to clients.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of clients businesses and industries
by having direct client interaction while working on multiple
aspects of an engagement.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements
based upon knowledge gained relative to the clients operations,
processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively
with the client to provide superior client service.
- Interact directly with Partners and leadership on client and
- Assist with strengthening existing client relationships and
develop new business opportunities by participating in sales
meetings and working on proposals.
- Invest in professional development through active participation
in training sessions and networking events both internally and
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed for client
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 2+ year of experience with Risk Advisory, Internal &
External Audit and Internal Controls with previous SOX experience
in a professional services environment. Prefer experience with
Higher Education, Manufacturing and Real Estate/Construction
clients. Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and
Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all
levels of client personnel in various industries.
- Excellent written/verbal communications and collaboration
- Integrity within a professional environment.
- Flexibility to travel to various client sites as needed up to
- CPA/CIA Certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship
building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving
along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft
Suite skills.iCIMS Job ID: 10160 External Company Name: Baker Tilly
Virchow Krause LLP Street: 225 S. Sixth Street
Keywords: Baker Tilly, Minneapolis , Consultant, Risk and Internal Audit Consulting, Business Process Focus, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!