Senior Test Engineer - Electrical/IT
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: October 13, 2019
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual
orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities,
and United States qualified protected veterans.
Research and Development Lab Test Engineers perform a variety of
tasks in support of Thermo King Engineering and end customers, with
respect to validation of product performance and design. This
validation is done early-on in support of New Product Development
as well as post-sale support of customer units in service.
Senior Engineers demonstrate a high degree of technical and
professional performance throughout the execution of their duties.
As such, they are recognized as Subject Matter Experts and are
active participants within the department at delivering business
results and demonstrate leadership traits throughout their daily
responsibilities. This is often recognized in terms of timely and
accurate task completion as well as providing mentorship to others
in an attempt to improve overall department performance.
This particular position will support all areas of the research and
development lab. Therefore a strong electrical and IT skillset will
be critical. Attention to detail is a must along with strong
documentation and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with Thermo
King Products is helpful but not necessary. This role will also
consult with various project teams and engineers to ensure testing
rigor and data integrity.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Computer setup and configuration of all lab test
- Software application support and troubleshooting.
- Static IP deployment.
- Network securities administrator.
- Maintain all network based equipment for the lab.
- Lab X90 server maintenance, backup and recovery.
- Port server support.
- Support R&D Lab computer issues and
- All test system software installations and password
- Collaborate with both local (Thermo King) and global (Ingersoll
Rand) IT support for test systems.
- Maintain all test system software and revisions.
- Software system cleanup - periodic system software file
maintenance and deletions.
- Portable systems firmware updates.
- Evaluate test equipment lifecycle and plan for support or
- Work with external manufacturers, vendors, and suppliers to
maintain current equipment and also promote new technologies and
equipment to the lab for the future.
- Maintain, update, and create documentation for all test lab
systems (i.e. system schematics, channels lists, safeties, and
- Act as a strong liaison between management, technicians, and
Minimum Q ualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Electrical
Engineering and at least 5 years of work experience in a related IT
or electrical field is required.
- Data Insights and Tech Savvy - Experienced
- Project Management - Experienced
- Positive Attitude
- Engineering Process Excellence - Experienced
- Technical Excellence - Experienced
- Test Excellence - Experienced
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Minneapolis , Senior Test Engineer - Electrical/IT, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!