Automotive Technician I
Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: October 13, 2019
An entry levelAutomotive Technician provides a high skill level of
vehicle maintenance andrepairs. Provides service and delivery of
vehicles and participates in thecontrol of expenses. ?A technician
may work independently or in a teamenvironment.??Job
Responsibilities:?Perform a predefinedvehicle inspection and light
mechanical repairs to prepare a vehicle forcustomers including:?
- Perform Vehicle Maintenance: change oil, oil filter, fuel
filter, transmission flush, and inspection of vehicle for
- Based upon certification levels, perform other various repairs
and maintenance which may include:
- Install batteries and checks electrical systems.
- Install and perform tire maintenance.
- OBD II systems, brake components, tires, tune-ups, suspension
components, electrical systems, State Safety Inspections,
interior/exterior components, engine and drive line components,
- Ability to road test vehicles.
- Ability to install parts which include shock absorbers and
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and tidy
manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at
all times as directed by management and Manheim?s safety
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in
accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as
defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with
vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by
- High School Diploma or GED; will consider 1+ years of related
work experience in lieu of High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of vehicle service and repair experience; 1 year of
customer service experience preferred.
- Any ASE certifications and/or a tech school degree is
preferred, but not required.
- Become certified in a minimum of 4 areas with a preference for
brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling, and electrical.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status once
obtained and to meet with technology changes as they
About Cox AutomotiveCox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and
owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility
services. The global company?s 34,000-plus team members and family
of brands, including Autotrader?, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com?,
Dealertrack?, Kelley Blue Book?, Manheim?, NextGear Capital?,
VinSolutions?, vAuto??and Xtime?,?are passionate about helping
millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients
across five continents and many others throughout the automotive
industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a
subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned,
Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding
$20?billion.?www.coxautoinc.comCox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individual?s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin
or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services.?? Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Minneapolis , Automotive Technician I, Professions , Shakopee, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!