Posted on: April 18, 2019
Covia is a leading supplier of minerals and material solutions to
the industrial and energy markets. The formation of Covia in 2018
is the most recent of many significant milestones in our shared
history. Built from the merging of Fairmount Santrol and Unimin
Corporation, Covia s rich legacy includes many achievements across
industries and capital success through partnership. Our ability to
deliver the right product, to the right place, at the right time,
is unmatched. Just as strong is our commitment to building
partnerships that help our customers succeed.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real
strength is our people. Covia employs a diverse and highly-skilled
team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered
solutions for our customers. Every member of our team has a
valuable opportunity to help shape our future and make a positive
impact on the world around us through our commitment to the
locations where we live and work.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Maintenance Planner who will have a
positive impact on the Operations team at its Kasota, MN location.
As a Maintenance Planner, you will plan and coordinate all
maintenance activities, consistent with safety and quality
requirements, to maintain the highest level of equipment
availability at the lowest cost possible.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key
* Achieve safety and health objectives.
* Facilitate all Preventative and Corrective Maintenance
* Plan and execute all contracted maintenance including procurement
of contracted services.
* Leverage a company ERP program, through detailed preparation of
work orders, PM schedules, job steps, tool lists, and parts lists.
Within the ERP, develop and/or maintain:
* Management of equipment/asset organization and hierarchy
* Management of the maintenance bill of materials
* Buildout and maintenance of detailed work instructions
* Maintenance task time estimation
* Ensure availability of necessary spare parts, tools, and
equipment, working closely with the Purchasing & Warehousing
* Plan and execute 5S part and tool activities in various work
* Direct and coordinate with Mine Supervisor to schedule mining
activities which support safe, quality and efficient
* Direct and coordinate with Main Supervisor to schedule
maintenance activities which support safe, quality and efficient
* Coordinate with the Production and Shipping Planner and
Supervisor on production schedule, equipment availability and
inspection and repair.
* Advise the Maintenance Superintendent of any problems or
potential problems which affect the ability of the operation to
produce in a safe, quality, timely, efficient manner.
* Monitor and report on all relevant maintenance activity KPI
* Provide effective feedback and maintain open communication with
all maintenance personnel on performance of planned tasks, to
improve planning accuracy.
* Maintain acceptable labor and employee relations.
* Assist Maintenance Superintendent in the planning and
administration of the maintenance budget to include capital
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum
* Bachelor s degree in a related field required.
* 2-5 years of related experience required.
* Excellent Healthcare Benefits medical, vision, dental
* 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
* Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
* Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we
firmly believe this lays the foundation of our success. Our
compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect
within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment
opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related
factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military
service or reserve or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement
opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Kasota, Minnesota, United States
Keywords: Covia, Minneapolis , Maintenance Planner, Professions , Kasota, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!