Commercial Construction Outreach Specialist
Company: Center for Energy and Environment
Posted on: February 9, 2024
DescriptionCEE Background: CEE is a data-driven,
consumer-focused, and community-based clean energy nonprofit with
locations in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway.
For nearly 40 years, CEE has collaborated with utilities,
governments, nonprofits, and businesses to deliver actionable
research and innovative programs that reduce energy waste and
harmful emissions. We have established a national reputation for
innovation and excellence in program implementation, our emerging
technology and field research team, our involvement and expertise
with local and state policy work, and our work with communities. We
collaborate regularly with partners and employ curious people who
share a passion for the organization's mission. Our workplace
invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds
and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance. Our staff
includes creative and pragmatic environmentalists, program
developers and implementers, engineers and technical experts and
research professionals. Our organizational culture is professional
but easy-going, with a deep emphasis on collaboration, innovation,
and technical expertise. We are proud to operate in Minnesota, a
national leader in clean energy and energy efficiency, and
increasingly employ staff across the nation.
Market Transformation Team: CEE launched a statewide Market
Transformation Program in 2023, with committed and growing funding
from the State of Minnesota and its utilities. This program
accelerates and rapidly scales the development and adoption of
emerging energy efficiency and decarbonization technologies.
Focusing on one of the most promising technologies in the team's
portfolio, the LLLC initiative seeks to accelerate the adoption of
light fixtures with embedded sensors and controls to streamline
installations and increase connected lighting for a smarter built
environment and to reduce strain on the electric grid. Led by an
expert with hands-on experience in the industry, this initiative
requires an outreach specialist to work closely with local market
actors to ensure projects in Minnesota include LLLCs.
In this role specializing in Luminaire Level Lighting Controls
(LLLCs), you will hold a crucial role in our organization, focusing
on expanding our market presence and driving widespread adoption of
LLLCs. Your primary responsibility will involve cultivating and
maintaining relationships with key market actors, including
contractors, systems integrators, corporate sustainability
professionals, and specifiers. Through strategic engagement and
collaboration, you will champion the integration of LLLCs into a
broader range of projects, facilitating a sustainable and efficient
approach to lighting solutions.
- Market Stakeholder Engagement and Relationship Building:
- Develop and nurture relationships with contractors, systems
integrators, sustainability representatives, fostering
understanding and awareness of LLLCs
- Execute engagement strategies, outlining the benefits and
potential value of LLLCs for specific projects and document market
- Growth of Commercial Construction Market Penetration:
- Actively pursue and secure projects, driving segment growth and
achieving sales targets for LLLCs.
- Collaborate with market stakeholders to analyze tender
invitations, prepare comprehensive bids aligning with tender
specifications, and track project outcomes.
- Strategically expand market reach by targeting prioritized
areas or sectors within the commercial construction
- Recruit and identify pilot projects and execute support of
- Project & Technical Support Coordination:
- Develop technical support contacts and tools, coordinating
adequate support for project-related technical queries and
- Document all technical support coordination activities,
ensuring timely resolution of technical concerns
- Organize and lead construction project coordination meetings,
involving various market stakeholders including:
- Manufacturer's representatives,
- Installers, and
- End users and customer representatives to ensure alignment of
project requirements and expectations including:
- Reviewing specifications,
- Establishing controls objectives
- Defining system capabilities
- Assessing system architecture
- Documenting control intent narratives and sequences of
- Facilitating systems integrations,
- Scheduling trainings (ie. Operations and maintenance,
installation, programming, etc.)
- Identifying action items and ensuring responsible parties are
assigned, progress is tracked and objectives progress through
- Document all project coordination activities, including meeting
attendees, responsible parties, action items assigned, applicable
next steps, timelines and expected outcomes.
- Market Insights and Analysis:
- Identify relevant key players and drive participation in market
research to identify emerging trends and market demands related to
energy-efficient lighting technologies for optimal market
penetration and adoption.
- Stay informed about technological advancements and industry
developments to tailor our approach accordingly.
- Document trends to inform initiative strategy and contribute to
the initiative's outreach including newsletter and blog.
- Education, Training, Promotion and Advocacy:
- Develop and deliver training programs on LLLCs, represent the
organization at industry events, and engage in industry
associations to foster partnerships.
- Develop educational programs and workshops aimed at educating
market stakeholders on the benefits and applications of
- Collaborate with internal teams to create engaging marketing
materials and resources.
- Adapt and tailor content based on relevant audiences from large
broad-based groups to 1:1 specialized consultation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in commercial construction industries or a related
field, with strong relationships among local commercial
construction contractors, systems integrators, or corporate
- Demonstrated experience in navigating the commercial
construction tendering process, including understanding bid
documents, specifications, and proposal requirements.
- Strong knowledge of tendering platforms, submission procedures,
and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation
- Strong motivation to work in the energy-efficiency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a
dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel in-state required
- Experience with project facilitation, lighting controls
systems, and/or building automation systems integration
- Familiarity with commercial energy codes, especially ASHRAE
90.1-2019, as pertaining to lighting controls requirements
considered an asset
- LC, PMP qualifications considered an asset
An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities required
for the successful performance of the essential job duties will
also be considered.
If you are passionate about sustainable lighting solutions and
possess the skills to drive market transformation, we invite you to
apply and be a part of our team. Together, we can make a difference
in the future of energy-efficient buildings.
Depending upon qualification and education, the hiring range for
this position is expected to be $75-$80K.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Center for Energy and Environment, Minneapolis , Commercial Construction Outreach Specialist, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!