Actuarial Sr Analyst
Company: Securian Financial
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Bring your curiosity, creativity, and technical brilliance to work
within Institutional Retirement Solutions. This position is
involved in numerous aspects of our growing Pension Risk Transfer
and Institutional Financial Product segments, including pricing,
product development, financial analysis, among others. An associate
in this position will be part of a supportive team environment,
where they will gain experience in a variety of actuarial
* This position is part of the Actuarial exam-taking path.
Candidates will be considered at all Actuarial Student levels. At
Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Actuarial Sr. Analyst or Actuarial Consultant, based on
qualifications, experience, and exams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide leadership support of the Pension Risk Transfer (PRT)
business, providing pricing, underwriting, and data management
support as needed
- Price PRT opportunities - decision maker on small plans,
recommender on medium plans, suppporter of large plans
- Lead actuarial underwriting efforts, providing final or
preliminary sign-off based on plan size and implement enhancements
to the underwriting process, balancing efficiency with prudent risk
- Support the analysis of mortality experience data (MED);
includes processing the data, analyzing results, and providing a
- Provide support of experience data development and
- Lead the plan and market level data analysis; act as a liasion
with department and enterprise teams to understand data
- Provide ad hoc project support - valuation, contract filing,
- Support the research and development of new PRT capabilities
Support Institutional Financial Product (IFP) pricing and product
- Provide Guaranteed Investment Contract (GIC) price
recommendation, weighing the risk of the offering with
- Enhance GIC pricing models, aiming to create greater efficiency
and insights of the pricing process
- Provide support of the quarterly rate recommendations for
defined contribution investment only offering (e.g. U of MN,
NSCC-traded general accounts)
- Aid in the development of new product features and contract
filing Enhance modeling capabilities of all Retirement Solutions'
- Lead the enhancement of the PRT suite of models - pricing,
valuation, and goals/plans
- Lead the quarterly embedded value model preparation/submission,
analyze quarterly results, and product reports to explains results
to various audiences
- Provide support of Loss Recognition and Cash Flow Testing
- Support Institutional Financial Products modeling efforts
- In collaboration with other associates, prioritize model
enhancements Other projects/responsibilities
- Actuarial exam studying and continuing education
- Provide leadership on enterprise committees (e.g. Experience
- Ad hoc projects Qualifications
- .Actuarial Student, focused on progression towards the FSA
- Pre-ASA - Actuarial Analyst or Sr. Analyst
- ASA - Actuarial Consultant
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with
intellectual curiosity and initiative
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Self-motivated and flexible; ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Understanding of implications and appropriate balance between
market competitive position, regulatory constraints, system
capabilities, profitability and risk appetite Securian Financial
believes in hybrid work as an integral part of our culture.
Associates get the benefit of working both virtually and in our
offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes) you'll
join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and build
relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality of
business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize the keyboard, computer and/or mouse for up
to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize the phone and/or virtual meeting platform
for 1-4 hours per day The physical job requirements described above
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords:
Actuarial Consultant, Location: Chaska, MN - 55318 , PL:
Keywords: Securian Financial, Minneapolis , Actuarial Sr Analyst, Professions , Chaska, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!