Actuarial Sr Analyst
Company: Securian Financial Group Careers
Posted on: November 20, 2023
If you want to be an actuary, this is the place to get you started
on our Affinity Solutions Actuarial Team. Bring your curiosity,
flexibility, creativity, self-motivation, detail orientation, and
technical brilliance to work with our seasoned actuaries on
projects that add value and make a significant impact on our
In this position you will have the opportunity to support the key
functions of a solutions group including, financial reporting and
analytics, pricing and product development, and risk management.
This role will get the opportunity to collaborate with other
product development staff and teams within Affinity.
*This position is part of the Actuarial exam-taking path. At
Securian Financial the internal title for this position is
Actuarial Sr Analyst or Actuarial Consultant. The title and salary
will be determined based on experience and exam progress
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Support the quarterly valuation process and analysis of
- Support Goals and Plans through process improvement and
development of financial projections for Affinity Solutions
- Produce monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for Affinity
Product Pricing and Development
- Support and provide leadership in both the development of and
enhancement to Affinity Solutions products.
- Collaborate with internal teams in creating risk appropriate
Support other actuarial and solutions group functions, such as:
- Assist data and analytics efforts to support and drive data
driven decision making, coordinating with Enterprise Data and
Analytics, as appropriate.
- Participate in annual experience and product studies in support
of assumption-setting and in force management.
- Collaborate on actuarial modeling in support of Asset Adequacy
testing and embedded value.
- Actuarial student or ASA designation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with
curiosity and initiative necessary to analyze product designs,
risk, and other project results.
- Solid technical aptitude with the ability to learn and use a
variety of tools.
- Written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to
effectively interact with management, actuarial, ET, underwriting
and distribution associates.
- Understanding of implications and appropriate balance between
market competitive position, regulatory constraints, system
capabilities, profitability, and risk appetite.
- Self-motivated and flexible; ability to work independently and
as part of a team.
- Ability to operate effectively with ambiguity, including
situations where no previous groundwork is established.
- Developed organizational skills with attention to details along
with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Securian Financial believes in hybrid work as an integral part of
our culture. Associates get the benefit of working both virtually
and in our offices. If you're in a commutable distance (90 minutes)
you'll join us 2-3 days each week in our offices to collaborate and
build relationships. Our policy allows flexibility for the reality
of business and personal schedules. When working in our offices at
least two days per week isn't feasible (vacations, illness, travel,
etc.), an eight day per month standard is an option.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8
hours per day
- Ability to utilize telephone for 2-4 hours per day.
The physical job requirements described above are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We're committed
to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer
hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our
employees for professional development and growth and a number of
diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the
company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best
place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for
whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan -
great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy,
disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran
status, status in regard to public assistance or any other
protected status. If you are a job seeker with a disability and
require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
contact us by email at Employment@Securian.com, by telephone
651-655-5522 (voice), or 711 (Relay/TTY).
To view our privacy statement click here
To view our legal statement click herePandoLogic. Keywords:
Actuarial Manager, Location: Champlin, MN - 55316
Keywords: Securian Financial Group Careers, Minneapolis , Actuarial Sr Analyst, Professions , Champlin, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!