QA Technician Nights
Company: Michael Foods Inc. Careers
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in Gaylord,
Minnesota is Minnesota's Healthy Heartland! Gaylord is located in
south central Minnesota about an hour west of the Twin Cities and
35 minutes from Mankato, Hutchinson, and New Ulm. As the County
Seat, Gaylord is the "Hub of Sibley County." Our location produces
liquid egg, hardcook egg, and precooked egg such as scrambled,
patties and omelets. Responsibilities: Shift: 6P - 6A Starting
Wage: $18.10 + $2.50 Shift Differential Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (Available Day 1)
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance POSITION SUMMARY: - This position is
responsible for maintaining inspection logs and performing several
different tests to guarantee only the highest quality product is
being produced. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect product off the line to check weight, pH, temperature,
package integrity, diameters, ingredient samples and samples for
solids, micro, shelf life and temperature abuse testing. Silo and
balance tank samples or other samples as assigned.
- Complete QA control charts and inspection log sheet.
- Check packages and master carton for proper coding to meet USDA
and company standards.
- Complete HACCP Guidelines.
- Report any detected abnormalities to the Lead, Supervisors or
- Perform a recheck of out of spec product produced.
- Perform SAP functions. (Blocking product, locating pallet
production time, Transfer orders)
- Calibrate pH meter, thermometers, viscosity meter and scales to
ensure equipment is accurate. Follow-up on defective product.
- Perform laboratory duties: AOAC and CEM solids testing,
viscosity, swabbing program, PCE/BK/HCK Pre-OPP inspection, and
customer specifications; making Elopak dye, organoleptic testing,
setting of critic pump, monitor pH. -sodium levels in patties,
- Monitor label declared weights on all products produced.
- Foster open communications with all departments.
- Evaluate physical attributes: code, shape of product, bake out,
sanitizer concentration check.
- Follow USDA, FSIS, FDA, CN, Customer and Company
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may
adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: EDUCATION AND
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos in English. -
- Ability to write simple correspondence. -
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. -
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to eat eggs to perform identity testing by using
organoleptic skills (odor, taste, appearance).
- Ability to follow and comply with company GMP policies.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc. Careers, Minneapolis , QA Technician Nights, Professions , Gaylord, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!