MN Farm Maintenance
Company: Michael Foods Inc. Careers
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in Gaylord,
Minnesota is Minnesota's Healthy Heartland! Gaylord is located in
south central Minnesota about an hour west of the Twin Cities and
35 minutes from Mankato, Hutchinson, and New Ulm. As the County
Seat, Gaylord is the "Hub of Sibley County." Our location produces
liquid egg, hardcook egg, and precooked egg such as scrambled,
patties and omelets. Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY: - Repairs
and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors,
pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines by
performing the following duties. Qualifications: DUTIES AND
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients,
co-workers and management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance in relation to
production scheduling and/or time volunteered for.
- Fabricates parts, shields and or various other components as
needed using welder, acetylene torch, power tools and or various
other fabrication devices.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their
sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective
- Follow all LOTO safety procedures and ensure all safety shields
are in place.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in
- Uses skid loader and/or heavy equipment machinery to repair
and/or replace overhead equipment items, as well as replacement of
light bulbs and/or lighting units as needed.
- Lubricates and cleans parts as part of preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all equipment up to
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Maintains adequate supplies for necessary repairs and
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Maintains emergency back-up electrical system in full
operational state at all times. Be part of an on call rotation
where you will need to understand and respond to off-duty alarms in
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. - Report
to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc. Careers, Minneapolis , MN Farm Maintenance, Professions , Gaylord, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!