Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Business Unit Overview: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Location Description: Michael foods, Inc. located in Chaska,
Minnesota is known as the "best small town in Minnesota" with a
highly rated school system and home of the PGA Tournament in 2018!
As our community grows, we strive to preserve the small town
atmosphere. Minutes away from beautiful lakes, major highways,
shopping malls and the Twin Cities, it is the perfect location to
work!. Our location produces a variety of potato products. For over
100 years, the Michael Foods family of businesses has leveraged
quality ingredients and innovative processes to offer the finest
products and solutions to our customers and to food-loving
consumers. Responsibilities: SUMMARY :
The Maintenance Manager is accountable for leading and directing
all reliability and maintenance activities, utilities operation and
execution of capital plan as necessary. The Maintenance Manager
will ensure successful completion of daily maintenance work as
scheduled by the planning team and its execution by partnering with
operational and support team members. This role must be available
to work on scheduled work times, weekends and holidays as
Medical, Dental, Vision Company
Short Term/Paid life insurance
Supplemental life insurance
Vacation time to commensurate with experience
401(k) with up to a 6% company match
Yearly incentive bonus
Employee assistance program
Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 per year
Short and long-term disability
Employee Discounts on Cell Service, Computers, Car Rentals &
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for plant maintenance including facilities,
utilities, and operations to reduce downtime and assure peak plant
efficiencies. Will partner or direct capital engineering design and
projects to completion and work with appropriate vendors.
- Lead department team members to ensure quality, delivery and
cost are continuously being improved to achieve company objectives.
Engage and develop the asset care teams at each facility to deliver
expected levels of reliability. As part of the greater leadership
team, be an active member who contributes to the advancement of the
culture. Direct responsibility for the maintenance team and their
- Responsible for all maintenance department metrics. Ability to
balance maintenance (tactical and strategic) initiatives that align
with plant business strategies.
- Assists with planning and cost estimates for annual and
longer-term capital and operating budgets to deliver to business
plan. Responsible for executing the capital plan to include all
engineering design and project management, working with both
internal and external resources. Ability to coordinate and deliver
multiple projects at the same time safely and efficiently.
- Establish criteria for assessing the quality of work performed
by employees and contractors.
- Supervise the completion of work through review of reports and
frequent site inspections. Investigate the condition of buildings,
equipment, and grounds, and recommends improvements in the
facilities to ensure that needs are met.
- Ability to coordinate and partner with corporate stakeholder
groups to build and maintain programs and processes consistent with
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains
sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
Reports to management any conditions or practices that may
adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Always ensures regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: EDUCATION AND
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations or Applicable
technical knowledge or Degree/Certification from Trade School is
- Minimum of 5 years of proven leadership or supervisory
experience in industrial operations or maintenance or utilities
operations is preferred
- Must have an understanding of PLC and logic controls for high
speed operating equipment.
- Prior experience in SAP preferred.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping
- Experience in the installation, diagnosing and repairing
mechanical equipment through troubleshooting required. Electrical
troubleshooting is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with
superb time management and project scheduling skills.
- Ability to lead teams and hold team members accountable, while
successfully achieving results through internal and external
- Excellent administrative and follow up skills to achieve
successful maintenance and repair programs. PHYSICAL
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use
hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be
exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in
temperature. The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Minneapolis , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Zumbrota, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!