Cheese Production - Extruder Operator
Company: Burnett Dairy Cooperative
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Burnett Dairy Cooperative - Extruder Operator Position Title:
Extruder OperatorDivision: DairyDepartment: StringStatus:
Non-Exempt, HourlyClass: LaborerSupervisor: String
SupervisorPosition Purpose: This position performs the operation of
the string cheese machine, monitoring the machinery and ensuring
quality of the product. Sets up and sanitizes all machines prior to
daily operation and dismantles and cleans after daily operation.
Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the work area and
accurately records all production information. This job requires
steady standing, lifting, and stretching. Must be able to work as
part of a team in a changing work environment. Employee must be 18
years of age or older. Primary
- Sanitize and set up machines for operation.
- Operate a variety of machinery in the production of string
- Dismantle, wash and reassemble all machines at the end of the
- Prepare for string packaging by having cheese product in brine
solution, and ready for the start of the string packaging
- Monitor the temperature and speed of the string machine.
- Monitor concentration of the brine solution, taking and
recording salt samples, cleaning monitoring equipment at the end of
- Observe cheese and brine solution for foreign particles.
- Cleaning of the brine tanks
- Testing metal detection equipment at the beginning and end of
each production flow, and recording results.
- Ensure that the cheese products meet the standard weight and
appearance. No flaws such as cracks and flat ends.
- Ensuring steady flow of cheese products through the brine
solution to the packaging areas.
- Fixing machine problems such as jams, when they arise.
- Make sure all equipment is in good working condition and
operating properly. Contact maintenance to perform repairs when
- Perform general housekeeping duties including sweeping up
cheese and trash removal.Additional Responsibilities:
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety guidelines, including the use of personal
protective equipment to ensure health and safety of self and
- All other duties as appropriate for this position.Job
- Regular and dependable attendance is required.
- Availability requirements include: days, evenings, weekends,
and holidays as scheduled.Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to function in an active and demanding team-oriented
work environment with a positive attitude.Physical
- Lift up to 50 Pounds; Push/Pull/Stack up to 30 Pounds
- Stand on feet for entire shift
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, damp work environment.
- Repetitive Motion; frequent use of hands, grasping, pinching
- Occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel and crouchWhile
this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of
the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add
or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as
necessary. Associated topics: animal care, custodial, custodian,
custody, housekeeping, janitor, janitorial, sanitation, sanitize,
Keywords: Burnett Dairy Cooperative, Minneapolis , Cheese Production - Extruder Operator, Professions , Siren, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!