Liquid Receiver Nights
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Gaylord,
Minnesota is Minnesota's Healthy Heartland! Gaylord is located in
south central Minnesota about an hour west of the Twin Cities and
35 minutes from Mankato, Hutchinson, and New Ulm. As the County
Seat, Gaylord is the "Hub of Sibley County." Our location produces
liquid egg, hardcook egg, and precooked egg such as scrambled,
patties and omelets. ResponsibilitiesShift: 5P - 5AStarting
wage:$19.00Shift Differential:$2.50 Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (Avaialable Day 1)
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurancePOSITION SUMMARY: Position duties include
running of computerized process systems, hooking up silos,
performing CIP's of silos and equipment, blending and sanitation
tasks in a manner that results in the optimum production of quality
products while maintaining a safe, sterile and efficient operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to assist in other areas of the
business as needed.
- Ability to operate the HTST processing system, CIP system and
records all time, temperature, pressure, and flow rates as required
by the company. Detects and reports or acts upon any system
abnormality to reduce the risk of and damage to the system or
- Understanding of how an aseptic system operates and how
sanitation, bacterial control, and sterilization are related to it
in the process as well as work area to achieve the high quality
standards set by the company.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment issues and perform minor
- Coordinated with the packaging lead person the status of the
system to allow timely hook up and startup of the production
- Clean silos, mix room, totes, pumps, UHT press, hooking up all
CIP lines necessary.
- Monitor and troubleshoot CIP systems to ensure they are
operating properly. Check the chemical concentration to make sure
that the concentration is in line to clean all equipment satisfying
the company and USDA standards.
- Monitors the chemical usage in the chemical rooms making sure
all drums have chemical in them and operating correctly to meet the
correct PPM for each chemical cycle set by the company.
- Prepare written reports and maintain assigned logs, records,
and other documentation required by the company and USDA.
- Have complete knowledge of mix room and equipment. Blend mixed
products using outlined mix procedures.
- Fosters open communications and a good attitude toward work and
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.#firstinpeople
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Must have the ability to work in high and confined spaces while
following safety procedures.
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends when
requiredPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors
or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize and follow directions with little/no
- Must have ability to do multi-functional tasks. Must be able to
work overtime and/or weekends when required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) is a plus.Michael Foods provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category
protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local
laws.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) RequiredPreferredJob
Keywords: Michael Foods, Minneapolis , Liquid Receiver Nights, Professions , Gaylord, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!