Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held,
diversified real estate services, investment management and
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently
by empowering our team members with the resources and independence
to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We
start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and
organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them
the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they
work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business
differently, and that makes us Transwestern.The Chief Engineer is
responsible for the efficient operation of all building systems
(HVAC operations, mechanical, electrical systems, drainage and
plumbing, elevators/escalators and security/fire/life safety),
general and preventative maintenance, tenant services, utility
tracking and vendor oversight. The Chief Engineer is also
responsible for the selection, training and supervision of a
high-performing, service-oriented engineering team.ESSENTIAL JOB
- Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring,
training, performance assessments, personnel development, etc.
- Review the daily work order and assigns tasks, as necessary.
Monitor repeat problems and make corrective suggestions.
- Work with Regional Director of Engineering to implement
corporate/regional goals for engineering.
- Oversee and inspect the work performed by engineering staff.
Determine that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and
client space is in prime working condition.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions,
government agency, and company directives as relates to building
- May assist with new business development and acquisition of new
- Formulate and implement a preventive maintenance program to
ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive
maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and
plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design
capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by
- Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed
to complete repair. Maintain inventory of adequate supplies and
tools and order necessary materials to complete all tasks.
- Consult with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and
other downtime to minimize business interruption and
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional
assistance as needed.
- Manage the energy management program to ensure measures are
taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep
operating costs at a minimum.
- Proactively communicate with tenants, clients, property
management, and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Trade school trained and a minimum of 10 years of experience in
building operations experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- A minimum of 7+ years building maintenance experience in a
commercial property including supervisory experience.
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e.
Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as
Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License,
High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
- Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC,
boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water
- Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming, and
fire alarm systems, Building Management Systems
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques, and
- Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations,
maintenance and repair.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and
building automation systems.
- Ability to understand and give general instructions in standard
- Must effectively present information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- May require shift work, overtime and/or on call duties.
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum
of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to
safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up
to 30 feet.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief
when responding to priority/emergency situations (including
overtime type assignments).
- Climb ladders and stairs.WORK SHIFTLOCATIONMinneapolis, MNWe
Are Transwestern!Transwestern's Guiding Principles are woven into
the fabric of our firm and underscore the value of each individual
team member. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion - not only
as the right thing to do, but as a reflection of who we are. It is
our responsibility and heartfelt desire to create an environment
that elevates the human spirit and brings out the best in everyone.
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive
salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and
vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. About UsThe privately held Transwestern
companies have been delivering a higher level of personalized
service and innovative real estate solutions since 1978. Through an
integrated, customized approach that begins with good ideas, the
firm drives value for clients across commercial real estate
services, development, investment management, and opportunistic
endeavors for high-net-worth investors. Operating from 33 U.S.
offices, Transwestern extends its platform capabilities globally
through strategic alliance partners whose unique geographic,
cultural, and business expertise fuels creative solutions.Learn
more at transwestern.com and @Transwestern.
Keywords: Transwestern, Minneapolis , Chief Engineer, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...