Maintenance Assistant 1st/2nd Shift
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota Why Valmont We-- re Here to
Move the World Forward. Valmont impacts millions of people around
the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our
technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the
world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing
connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable
future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing
agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to
make life better. Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard
work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on
creating the world of tomorrow, today . We are the modern workforce
. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now. Job Summary:
For the Maintenance I role within Valmont we are looking for a
highly driven individual to assist with basic maintenance functions
under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Lead and
Supervisor. The Maintenance I Assistant role is primarily a
training position for the maintenance department. This role
requires basic mechanical knowledge and proficiency. In this
position, the Maintenance I Assitant is expected to: Safety
- Adhere by Safety Absolutes -- Job Safety Briefings on
Non-Standard Work. -- Verify we have communicated to production and
have the permits required to safely complete the repair.
- Follow Arc Flash requirements, which are pertinent to the
- Basic knowledge of low voltage circuits and repairs.
- Always follow the LOTO provisions of the hazardous energy
- Always follow fall protection guidelines when working at
- Always wear appropriate PPE at all times, including safety
glasses, steel toed boots with metatarsal guards, and hearing
protection. In addition, employees must wear face shields, goggles,
arc flash rated equipment, and gloves as required.
- Review projects and work assignments for potential hazards and
recommend safest ways to complete the job.
- Recognize and report hazards.Basic Qualifications (Required)
- Relevant industry experience.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English in order to
complete necessary paperwork requirements. Ability to understand
and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and basic mechanical
- Ability to read tape measure and other measurement
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while
working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- The ability to work over ten hours a week in overtime when
required for business needs, to and including weekends.
- Assist with the completion of PM-- s and general maintenance
repairs and projects, under the supervision of the maintenance Lead
and Supervisor. Clean up area and put away tools after PM-- s are
- Carry out general house cleaning tasks in the Maintenance areas
and throughout the plant.
- Participate and help lead LEAN Manufacturing activities. This
may include cleaning painting and demarcation of walls and
- Support Safety throughout the plant by reporting and repairing
abnormal conditions and safety hazards.
- Basic experience maintaining industrial equipment and
pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Basic experience using industrial lifting equipment, cranes,
forklift and hoists.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver
exceptional results.Job Training Skill Development
- Minimum of 1 year of on the job training is required to achieve
a minimum of acceptable level of performance.
- Assist in calculating quantities for maintenance materials used
- Proper inspection of parts and equipment.
- Ability to carry out minor maintenance operations.
- Ability to complete assigned work orders and report completion
- Accountability of unique safety considerations.
- Recommend that the applicant should take additional training
with Industrial Maintenance courses. Decision Making
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several variables
in standardized situations. Must display an aptitude for problem
solving and the ability to plan for or around future needs or
- Although most of this job is covered by standard practices,
good common sense and quality control procedures are essential
aspects of completing this job in a successful manner.
- Must be able to determine when equipment should be removed from
or returned to service
- Must be able to identify and report hazardsEFFORTPhysical
EffortThe physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is required to walk, talk and listen.
- The incumbent needs to be able to handle and grasp item with
- There are times when an awkward position must be maintained in
order to complete maintenance tasks
- This inside shop environment works at a very quick pace and the
Maintenance I must have the physical strength and stamina to keep
up with this the speed of the rest of the team
- The Maintenance I needs to be able to sustain the weight and
fatigue of the Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) during the
entire shift as well as endure the excessive heat during the warm
summer months and the high temperature given off from the
manufacturing equipment used.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. Valmont does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.If you have a disability and require any
assistance in filling out the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Minneapolis , Maintenance Assistant 1st/2nd Shift, Professions , Farmington, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...