Quality Assurance Technician
Posted on: January 27, 2023
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician LOCATION: Faribault
DEPARTMENT: Quality FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt STATUS: Full
Time BUSINESS SEGMENT: Human Nutrition & Health REPORTS TO: Quality
Supervisor DATE UPDATED: 06/2021 COMPANY OVERVIEW: Balchem
Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty
ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of
life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the
finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide.? Our
corporate headquarters is in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley
area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing
sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and
Europe.? Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company
(NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market
cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business
segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and
Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who
are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the
company into global market leadership positions.? To learn more
about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit POSITION
SUMMARY: The primary role of technicians at this level is to
support the production, packaging, and warehouse operations. These
technicians will be required to perform post clean-up inspections,
sample testing, issuance of internally printed labels, release of
incoming packaging components/raw materials, data entry, CCP
verification, and the routing of samples to customers and 3rd party
labs. This function is directly tied to the day-to-day operation of
equipment and the production of product. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- The incoming inspection, sampling, testing, and release of raw
materials and packaging components.
- Auditing, swabbing and release of operations areas and
equipment post clean-up activities.
- Issuance of product specific labeling that is generated at
Balchem, and verification of MPRs for the packaging team.
- Verification of HACCP Program during the production of bulk and
- Organoleptic and Physical testing of raw materials,
Work-In-Process Material (WIP), BULK and Retail Finished Goods
- Collection and routing of samples to customers and 3rd party
- Routine GMP Auditing of the production facility, providing
daily scores used to determine the audit readiness of the company.
- Data entry for the accurate usage of raw materials and
packaging components used by the operations group during
- GED, High School Diploma, or a minimum of 5 years of quality
experience in a dietary supplement, food, medical device, or
pharmaceutical setting are required.
- Basic Computer Skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power
- BA or BS in a math or science-based program is preferred.
- Continuing Education in auditing, problem solving, or root
cause is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQF, dietary supplement, and food GMPs is a plus.
- Production environment in a manufacturing location
- Noise level is moderate to loud
- Exposure to machine noise and food dust
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and with or around
- Occasionally exposed to vibration and risk of electric
- Production environment includes varying temperatures (heat,
cold and moisture)
- May be exposed to allergens such as eggs, wheat, peanuts, dairy
products, tree nuts, and soy products, as well as latex and
powders. Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values
and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities,
and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.
Keywords: balchem, Minneapolis , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Faribault, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!