Stationary Equipment Technician
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services,
partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action - our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a new job, it's about
making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together.
Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting
customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who
share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Stationary EquipmentTechnician performs
repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment, compact heavy
equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and productive
operations. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to,
routine maintenance and repair of hydraulic systems, industrial
electrical systems, 480V balers, conveyor systems and
- Diagnoses mechanical problems using charts, diagnostic
software, technical manuals and expertise.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on recycling equipment,
compact heavy equipment and light trucks to maximize safe and
- Repairs or replaces parts, such as pistons, rods, gears,
valves, and bearings, using mechanic's hand tools.
- Replaces conveyor belts, electrical motors, hydraulic cylinders
and other mechanical parts.
- Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports) and/or
repair orders, communicates with supervisor and/or equipment
operators for clarification of problems. May discuss preventive
techniques with equipment users and vehicle drivers to minimize
- Completes paperwork associated with repairing vehicles,
documenting parts usage, and accounting for applied times (work
order times versus time card times).
- Complete daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil
usage, and provide information for input in Republic Services
Dossier (Fleet Management Software) system.
- May repair and install plumbing, electrical and HVAC
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on rolling stock
(forklift, skid steers, trailers and front loaders).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- PLC troubleshooting and problem solving ability with practical,
mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience working with conveyors.
- Valid driver's license.
- Mechanical or trade school certificate.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year of related equipment maintenance and repair
or trade school certification.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision
Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
Short- and long-term disability.
Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
Employee discount programs.
401(k) plan with a generous company match.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, relationship or association with a protected
veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Associated
topics: air, batt, boiler, environmental, hvac, hvac r, insulation,
meter, thermograph, vent
Keywords: Republic Services, Minneapolis , Stationary Equipment Technician, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!