Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: Aspen Waste Systems of Minnesota, Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Independently owned, locally managed*
Aspen Waste Systems of Minneapolis, Inc. is a privately-owned,
growing company providing waste and recycling collection services
for commercial and residential customers in the Twin Cities
Aspen Waste Systems of Minneapolis, Inc. is seeking a *Fleet
Maintenance Manager* to lead its team of maintenance employees and
direct the workflow of Aspen Waste's Minneapolis and Eagan shops to
ensure the safety, reliability, and productivity of Aspen's fleet
of heavy trucks and equipment. The *Fleet Maintenance Manager *will
be responsible for a fleet of more than 100 vehicles between
Aspen's two locations.
Aspen is expanding the Eagan facility into a brand-new state of the
art truck shop with updated industry standard equipment! This will
be Aspen's largest truck shop. In addition to the new shop, Aspen
Waste Systems is adding brand new ASL trucks! If you are looking to
be part of a company that is raising industry standards with new
facilities and equipment, look no further!
*Responsibilities and Duties*
The Fleet Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing
maintenance employees, including hiring, training and scheduling
work assignments. The Fleet Maintenance Manager anticipates and
organizes routine preventative maintenance and as needed corrective
maintenance. This position is responsible for controlling
maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory and
outsourcing of repairs. Responsibilities include:
* Oversee the diagnosis and completion of maintenance/repair of
fleet vehicles and equipment.
* Ensure employees have the proper training and skill level to
provide accurate diagnosis of maintenance issues, and perform
* Coordinates and assigns work to mechanics, technicians and
container shop employees.
* Ensure timely completion of repairs, and tests repairs to ensure
proper and safe completion.
* Ensure compliance with applicable federal regulations, and
promote a safe and productive work environment.
* Responsible for control and maintenance of inventory.
* Maintains department budget.
*Qualifications and Skills*
* Experience working on heavy trucks and diesel engines with a
working knowledge of fleet related OSHA, DOT, EPA and similar
* Two or more years of experience in a supervisory, managerial or
other leadership role is required.
* Prior experience with fleet maintenance software programs is
* Experience managing multiple facilities is preferred.
* Experience managing a medium to large fleet (30 + trucks)
*Aspen Offers: *
* Competitive Wages
* Challenging work that includes both engine and equipment
* Great work environment with dedicated team members
* Opportunity to join a locally managed, family-owned company
* Paid Time off
* Boot allowance
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* 401(K) retirement savings with company match
Aspen Waste Systems of Minnesota, inc is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Aspen Waste Systems of Minnesota, Inc, Minneapolis , Fleet Maintenance Manager, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!