Posted on: September 24, 2022
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on
your professional and personal life, so it s equally important you
know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders,
will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global
locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can
collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
The Impact You ll Make in this Role
As a Construction Electrician you will have the opportunity to tap
into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most
innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make
an impact by:
- Build electrical panels, run conduit, wiring and install
- Installation and modification of facilities and production
equipment, including: electrical, electronic, robotics, low voltage
systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
- Work with other PE groups to maintain the reliability of the
plant and production equipment. Work with engineering on equipment
& facility upgrades. This includes working from prints, working
with outside vendors, determining supplies needed and ordering of
- Be aware of and follow the National Electrical Code & 3M Manual
- Must become familiar with plant layout and equipment.
- Possess good customer relations and effective communication
skills (including basic use of a PC).
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Provide team support to internal customers.
Your Skills and Expertise
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and
verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- One (1) Year experience in Trade as a Electrician or 1080 hours
of similar documented military School.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further
in this role include:
- Technical knowledge and practical application skills in the
Construction Electrician trade or related disciplines.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and symbols for
- Future certification for PIV s, respirators and aerial lifts
will be required.
- This position will require successful completion of internal 3M
Construction Electrician (or other) training.
Travel: May include up to [5%] [domestic]
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without
sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both
physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits,
3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in
size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the
interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at
Learn more about 3M s creative solutions to the world s problems at
www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies,
procedures and security standards are complied with while
performing assigned duties.
Pay & Benefits Overview:
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate
against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not
provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a
resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields
access to and use of this website and application for a job at 3M
are conditioned on your acceptance and compliance with these
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the
country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before
submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your
agreement with the terms. Associated topics: cable, capacitor,
electrical, electrician, harness, journeyman electrician, plc,
satellite, solar, wire
Keywords: 3M, Minneapolis , Construction Electrician, Professions , Hutchinson, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!