Aftermarket Sales Manager - Rail Service
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job Summary--- The purpose of this position is
to provide leadership and meet & exceed Aftermarket Revenue targets
and drive Profitability results at the Customer, OEM and Dealer
level through Implementation of Corporate strategies, direct
Customer and OEM contact, Dealer education, expand/develop Customer
and OEM relationships to create new opportunities; thereby driving
success at all levels of Aftermarket. As dual responsibility this
position is expanding the Service presence in North America
cooperating with the Global Rail Service Manager by supporting
Customers, OEMs and Dealers with deep technical expertise of
Service matters in the field and delivering technical training to
Customers, OEMs and DealersThis position will leverage Aftermarket
knowledge to support business plans, support corporate and dealer
marketing plans, and continually enhance Dealer, OEM and Customer
relationships.This role can be located in different States within
East Coast, United States. Other locations within the United States
may be considered.Success will require:
- Profitable grow aftermarket service parts and refurbishment
business in North America through direct interface with end user
customers, Rail OEMs, dealers, and internal teams.
- Support various Rail Thermo King Sales and Service
Organizations against customer initiatives.
- Product Line experience to provide leadership with Customer,
OEM and Dealer solutions.
- Implement Customer, OEM and Dealer Aftermarket and technical
Training, Education Webinars, and direct intervention with End User
Customers and OEMs within the geographic area.
- Communicate and implement commercial parts programs within the
assigned geographic area.
- Work with various corporate cross functional groups to provide
product, customer, OEM and dealer feedback.
- Track record of achieving financial targets in similar sales
- Develop a strong market understanding and identify
-opportunities to grow market share on aftermarket parts
- Strong technical background to understand Thermo King products
to support dealers, OEMs and customers in
- Provide technical, training and service support to dealers in
the designated territory - -Ensure Dealers have appropriate tools
and competencies to provide good level of service to end-customers.
Ensure all service changes/improvements are applied in the
- Solve problems -- Develop and use well-defined and proven
approaches to analyze and solve problems. Analyze and manage risk
to reduce customer impact. - Act confidently to ensure customers
are reassured when facing problems.
- Provide (technical) sales support for sales managers --
-Conduct field service need analysis. Support Sales for
post-selling service and participate in sales activities.
Participate together with Regional Sales in structured meetings
with direct accounts to understand service needs and provide
service support.Key Compentancies & skills
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent, preferred Master
Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years experience in rail or automotive industry
- Excellent communications and presentation skills required.
- English native language skills required for the respective
geographic area as well as any additional language skill is
- MS Office skills must be advanced.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems or Thermo King products, as well as
competitive equipment to include understanding of difference and
the effect on life cycle cost.
- Strong evidence in communication and interpersonal skills to
balance between dealer, OEM, customer and internally
- Time and Stress Management skills
- Planning and Project Management skills
- Refrigeration basics knowledge
- Transport basic knowledge
- Mechanical and Electrical basic knowledge
- Working knowledge of dealer and customer business
- 50% travel required -We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Minneapolis , Aftermarket Sales Manager - Rail Service, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!