Company: The Samuels Group
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Manage and control assigned projects, including overseeing field
operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and
trade contractor and supplier coordination while upholding the
highest standards of ethical conduct in all work for The Samuels
Group, Inc. In conjunction with the Project Manager, leads the
- Understands the contract between The Samuels Group and the
- Reviews the plans and specifications for constructability and
construction schedules, advises project team of issues or
- Assists in quantity takeoff and pricing estimates.
- Prepares, manages and updates the detailed project schedule
with sequence and activity duration including procurement
- Establishes the punch list process and closeout procedures with
the Project Manager, owner and architect before trade contractor
- Understands all the plans, specifications and details during
the project. Maintain a complete set of updated construction
drawings as a permanent record.
- Schedules and procures tools, equipment necessary for the
- Provides information in the project start-up and closeout
- Understands project estimate and budget set-up.
- Understands trade contractor and supplier contract scopes.
- Ensures the trade contractors meet the schedule and perform
- Maintain positive relationships with trade contractor
- Manages, reviews and controls all project cost codes, budgets,
and production units for the project.
- Responsible for all site productivity and reporting.
- Reviews shop drawings, RFI's and ASI's (all change orders) for
coordination and implementation of project requirements.
- Update Record drawings with all changes.
- Prepares and submits RFI's on project questions and problems
and manage the project manager, owner and architect response
- Reviews and coordinates the scope of work responsibilities for
trade contractors in the trade contractor start-up meeting.
- Manages the trade contractor progress and manpower requirements
on a daily basis.
- Assists with the weekly site progress meetings held with the
owner, architect and key trade contractors.
- Meets project utilization goals for The Samuels Group personnel
or document good faith efforts.
- Monitor, record and report to project manager trade contractor
participation in utilization goals.
- Prepares and reports to the General Superintendent on job
progress, manpower requirements, materials used, labor cost, and
work in place.
- Assists in the monthly interim progress meeting.
- Discusses and take action on critical issues promptly with the
- Finalizes all punch list work within one month of owner
- Assists in preparing the final written analysis on project
profitability, profit enhancers, profit busters and project
problems for discussion in the closeout meeting and the permanent
- Directs and assists foreman in managing crews to conform to
- Confers with trades people and unions to resolve complaints and
grievances within the work place.
- Ensures that work in progress conforms to specifications and
that work is completed with quality workmanship.
- Mentors, coaches and trains foremen, field engineers and
assistant superintendents assigned to the project team.
- Involves team members in making key decisions.
- Provides counseling and feedback to field employees, trade
contractors and suppliers to ensure they understand performance
expectations and how their performance compares.
- Provides recognition and positive reinforcement to employees
and project team members to support the desired performance.
Degree or completion of a 2 year certificate program in
construction management, architecture, engineering, trade school,
3-5 years of relevant work experience in the construction
2-3 years of managerial and supervisory experience preferably in
the construction industry.
Ability to read and understand construction
Computer experience: project scheduling, spreadsheets, word
processing, cost control, and project management software.
Ability to travel.
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health
Savings Account with employer contribution, Employer sponsored life
insurance, Aflac supplemental benefit options, Robust paid time off
program, 401(k) with employer matching, Tuition reimbursement,
Professional development assistance, Life insurance, Employee
referral bonus program, Employee assistance program,
Employee-driven wellness program and culture club, Flexibility,
Work environment that encourages employee well-being and
Compensation for this position is competitive and current to
TSG is signatory to the carpenters and laborers unions.
We welcome you to visit our Facebook/LinkedIn/Website to learn more
Keywords: The Samuels Group, Minneapolis , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Hudson, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!