CNC Production Manager - Chaska
Posted on: May 16, 2022
!important;wrapper thegem-custom-627e2b48adda92606"> Job
SummarySupervises full CNC Department (Chaska Plant). - - - This is
a "hands on" position working with employees and equipment. - The
majority of the job will be supervising, training, programming,
set-up, tool selection, troubleshooting and process improvements. -
There will only be a minimal time spent operating (proto types,
short runs, etc.).Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep the CNC Department running smoothly - monitor jobs, and
schedule, for on time completion, quality and efficiency.
- Programming and/or editing of more complex (or new) parts.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Troubleshooting jobs that are not running well due to issues
with tooling, material, program or operator.
- Use gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance
- Ability to setup, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC lathes
and mills (VMC & HMC) without assistance.
- Use process improvements to reduce setup time and machining,
provide constant feedback and input within the department.
- Must be proficient with FANUC controls, understands, interprets
and edits FANUC G-code programming.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop
- Recognize, deploy and properly uses inserts, fixtures and
- Understand and has the ability, to perform tool wear
- Schedule regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC
- Utilize and abide by ISO requirements and OSHA safety
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations
- Attend scheduled meetings and actively participates by
providing meaningful input.
- Supervise CNC staff - assess team members' performance and
support training and development activities as appropriate to build
on strengths and weaknesses.
- Is flexible with time and schedule to assure availability to
customer or company as circumstances warrant.
- Perform other tasks as warranted or assigned by
management.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has supervisory
responsibilities for CNC Set-Up and Operator positions.Work
EnvironmentThe employee is subject to inside environmental
conditions with protection from weather conditions with moderate
temperature fluctuation. -The employee may be exposed to hazards
such as metal chips, oils and cutting fluids, and proximity to
moving parts which require adherence to safety procedures and use
of appropriate personal protective equipment.Physical
RequirementsAbility to move or transfer products with an overhead
crane, pallet jack and/or forklift. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when
required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ten years related experience and /or training, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience to perform the essential
job duties and responsibilities.
- Proficient with Programming, editing, set-up and
troubleshooting of CNC Vertical Mills, Horizontal Mills and
- Experience with FANUC programming.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including
the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, proportions, geometry & trigonometry to practical
- Knowledge and experience using quality inspection equipment
(ex. calipers, micrometers, bore gages, height gages, etc.).
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate with both internal and external
customers characterized by honest, professional, respectful
communication (verbally & in writing) and effective listening
- Fluency in English verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately and be
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills and ability to work
well with others.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.Desirable Qualifications
- Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Familiarity with ISO standards.Apply Now
Keywords: CEM, Minneapolis , CNC Production Manager - Chaska, Professions , Delano, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!