Company: Great Northern Corp
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Employees are Our Greatest Asset
Privately held, Great Northern is one of the nation's largest
independent producers of corrugated packaging. For more than five
decades, customers have turned to Great Northern Corporation for
integrated, comprehensive packaging solutions in industrial,
commercial and retail markets.
Great Northern exists to live out the core values established by
our founders - integrity, personal growth, entrepreneurial spirit,
and a shared future.
Our vision, "We help our employees win through personal growth and
a shared future" is a call to action to deliver on building a
people-centric culture, developing leaders from within, and sending
people home fulfilled about their role and contributions. The "win"
for everyone is a trusting and collaborative culture that helps us
be at our best every day.
Our mission statement, "We help our customers win by doing what
others can't or won't" gives us a clear purpose and raises the bar
for performance. Doing what others "can't or won't" for our
customers is demonstrated by a willingness to serve customers,
value-added partnerships and proactively developing innovative
solutions to our customer's challenges.
We are excited that you are looking to join our great culture. Here
are some details about the Shipping Clerk position. The work
schedule will be Monday - Friday from 10:30am until 7:00pm.
Under general supervision and following established procedures, the
Shipping Clerk is responsible for ensuring that product is shipped
out correctly and in a timely manner to meet customer requirements.
Maintain shipping records and handle any necessary paperwork for
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER
DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
* Prep and package outgoing shipments.
* Process a variety of reports to identify open orders and create
* Review open orders, check status, review open inventory items and
out of stock items.
* Responsible for communicating timely, ensuring on-time
* Check products for defects and accuracy.
* Ensure posting of outbound deliveries using designated
* Handle packaging procedures to ensure safety of shipment.
* Responsible for the pulling, packing and shipping of finished
* Report and replace any defective item prior to packing.
* Prepare and adhere labels on shipments.
* Prepare packing slips and delivery orders.
* Ensure that all transactions are recorded in company
* Verify accuracy of orders by matching them with quantities and
* Ensure that items are properly packed and labeled.
* Pull orders from inventory and prepare the units for
* Perform established quality inspections.
* Units that are not properly packaged for shipment need to be
processed through our "Shipment Integrity" station.
* Create Delivery Receipts, Pick Lists, and BOL's using the IT
* Load outgoing trucks according to shipping plans, ensure loads
are safe and stable to prevent damage.
* Make sure that items are loaded onto shipment vehicle in a safe
and timely manner
* Operate forklift to transport materials.
* Keep SAFETY in mind at all times and report any potential hazards
to your supervisor or Safety committee member immediately.
* Handle space arrangements for incoming shipments in the storage
* Ensure that the warehouse is cleaned and maintained at all
* Handle cycle counting of assigned areas
* Handle year-end and general inventory procedures
* Performs a variety of miscellaneous job-related tasks as may be
assigned from time-to-time by a Management Representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Two to three years experience and/or training in a warehouse
* Current forklift certification or ability to obtain within 30
* Ability to read English and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, manuals
and order specifications.
* Knowledge of shipping and receiving, and outbound shipment
operations, methods and best practices.
* Proven analytical and communication skills and the ability to
identify customer needs and communicate them to constituents.
* Self-directed, takes initiative in seeking efficiencies of
processes; follow through on implementation.
* Mechanical and spatial aptitude. Attention to detail, accuracy
and quality. Enthusiasm, dedication, reliability and punctuality
* Ability to move from task/assignment to another on short
* Personal computer skills using a variety of Microsoft Office
* Ability to use computer keyboard/typing skills.
* Ability to learn and use other software/systems as required.
* Ability to function effectively in a team-oriented
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
* In addition to excellent wages, Great Northern has a competitive
benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; life
insurance; paid vacation; paid holidays; profit sharing and 401(k)
with company match.
* We also offer our employees a safe, clean, friendly environment
and room for growth!
We are a Tobacco Free campus.
Great Northern is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Great Northern is an equal opportunity at will employer and does
not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Brooklyn Park, MN, USA
Keywords: Great Northern Corp, Minneapolis , Shipping Clerk, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!