Digital Business Analyst
Company: Horizontal Digital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So,
what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet
ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the
process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the
absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger
possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution -
and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms.
Get a deeper look at our expertise with some sample case
We are open to candidates located anywhere in the US.
But enough about us. Let's talk about you.
As a Digital Business Analyst, you will work closely with our
strategists, UX teams, creative designers, technology developers,
project managers, and quality analysts to ensure successful and
efficient execution of the digital experience (e.g., enterprise
scale websites, eCommerce, mobile applications, service portals),
and related acceptance criteria. In this role, you will help ensure
efficient and successful digital experiences by connecting the dots
from the 'why' (business requirements) to the 'what' (functional
requirement) and the 'how' (technical requirements). Agnostic of
technology platform or business function, the ideal candidate will
have a proven track record in discerning the goals of the business,
translating them into distinct requirements, and collaborating with
cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes for our
What you'll do:
- Lead in identifying solutions for business problems and
document associated risks, assumptions, and constraints.
- Provide and author detailed documentation on project scope,
business requirements, functional requirements, and test
- Own the development of business requirements partnering with
digital strategists, in addition to collaborating with
cross-functional groups such as UX designers on functional
requirements, development mangers on technical requirements, and
the QA team on test plans and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with internal project team leaders to ensure
successful project execution.
- Collaborate on the process, design and implementation of
standards for requirements documentation and user stories via an
agile (sprint-based) methodology process, while leveraging the
Who you are:
- Written and verbal communication skills are professional,
concise and effective.
- Highly collaborative nature with the seamless ability to help
drive requirements elicitation and prioritization workshops,
produce client-facing deliverables, and interface with
cross-functional teams, client and executive stakeholders, to drive
- Takes initiative, is proactive, anticipates and completes
project assignments in a comprehensive manner while still
remembering the details.
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of
how to interpret the client's business objectives, uncover issues
and risks, and identify efficiencies.
- Prioritize workload, while being flexible and adjusting to
shifting client needs.
- Adapt by quickly learning new business processes, tools, and
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience working on enterprise digital
initiatives, software development, or related IT projects as a
Business Analyst, or in a similar role, across a range of industry
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Good understanding of the digital ecosystem including knowledge
of business process definition, and functional areas such as
Commerce, Marketing Automation, Content Strategy, Personalization,
Customer Service critical to the success of client
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies and the digital
design/development life cycle.
- Familiarity with digital platforms such as CMS, CRM, ERP, PIM
(e.g., Sitecore, Salesforce preferred)
- UAT and testing experience (preferred).
- Experience with Jira/Confluence toolset (preferred).
Keywords: Horizontal Digital, Minneapolis , Digital Business Analyst, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!