Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
AMAZING CAREERS FOUND HERE
Our Team Members are the heartbeat of our Company, and we
appreciate each and every one for their partnership, dedication and
their loyalty. We work hard to provide a workplace that is safe and
one that promotes bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to help us
grow and remain a thriving, sustainable business and a source of
pride in this industry. As a Fortune 400 Employer, our goal is to
provide career opportunities which will impart a pride of ownership
and respect for every team member. Our Vision is to make the dream
of home ownership more achievable for everyone, making Builders
FirstSource the most valuable partner in the industry.
Under direct supervision handles and maintains the flow of
materials and products on the premises according to established
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Physically handles materials used to construct components and
finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized;
lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
* Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment,
some of which may require specialized training.
* Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior
handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
* Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
* Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).This is an
entry level position where incumbent will receive on-the-job
* Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized
material handling equipment
* Manual dexterity
* Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed
but uninvolved written or oral instructions
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Work is performed within a production environment, subject to
temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts,
increased noise levels and dust.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on
occasion up to 80 pounds.
* May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing,
lifting, pushing or kneeling.
BENEFITS (Click Here - https://bldr.com/why-builders#benefits)
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Flexible spending accounts for Heath and Dependent Care
* 401K retirement plan with matching contributions
* Short-term and long-term disability coverage
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected
veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)
765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send
resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to
request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Minneapolis , Material Handler, Professions , Cokato, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!