Hydraulic Technician In Training
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SunSource is one of North America's leading fluid power
industrial distribution companies, providing products, services and
information in hydraulics, pneumatics, filtration, automation
systems, and related industrial components, serving both the
industrial, OEM, MRO, and mobile equipment markets.SunSource offers
an industry competitive compensation plan and excellent company
benefits including medical, dental and 401(k). SunSource also
offers tuition reimbursement and training opportunities for
talented people with a desire to learn and grow.We have a great
entry level opportunity available at our Savage location for
someone interested in learning about service and repair duties of
hydraulic pump and motors, repair and assembly under direct
supervision and in house training and developing the skills for a
career in the field.Required Education and Experience:
- Education-High School Diploma required. Basic mechanical
understanding required. Fluid Power specialized/technical training
would help but is not necessary, Automotive, Truck, Ag and Heavy
Equipment repair background would be a plus.
- Experience-looking for individuals with a mechanical aptitude
and willingness to learn fluid power theory and the repair of
hydraulic pumps, motors and hydrostatic transmissions.
- Physical Requirements-Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
Position stands 95 to 100% of the workdayResponsibilities:
- Disassemble Hydraulic Pumps, Motors and Hydrostatic
transmissions for service and repair including teardown and
inspection of unit.
- Analyze unit and parts involved to prepare a listing of parts
that are worn, damaged, or not functioning properly.
- Store assembled and broken down pumps and motors.
- Learn to assemble and fully function test all components and
set per manufacture and machine specs.
- Participate in continuous improvement through in house and
vendor training and associate development.
- Clean, organize, and maintain the Shop and Shop equipment.Core
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task
through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes
time and resources efficiently.
- Technical Expertise: Applies and improves extensive or in-depth
specialized knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result
or to serve one's customers effectively. (Customers can be
co-workers, pears or management as well as external consumers or a
- Job-Focused Learning: Demonstrates eagerness to acquire
necessary technical knowledge, skill and judgment to accomplish a
result or to serve a customer's needs effectively. Has desire and
drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more
- Teamwork: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to
inspire and guide individuals (or a team) toward goal achievement:
modifying behaviors to accommodate the tasks, situations, and
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking: Builds a logical approach
to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at
hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on
other references and resources as necessary.
- Follow-Up: Establishing procedures to monitor the results of
delegations, assignments, or projects; taking into consideration
the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual
and characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Initiative: Asserting one's influence over events to achieve
goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action
to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Planning and Organizing (Work Management): Establishing a
course of action to accomplish a specific goal; planning proper
assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of
- Drive for Results (Work Standards): Demonstrates concern for
achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external
standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery
of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.Would you
rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core
Competency video Why is SunSource a great place to work? Click here
WHY SUNSOURCE?We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
M/F/V/DAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. WE PARTICIPATE IN
Keywords: SunSource, Minneapolis , Hydraulic Technician In Training, Professions , Savage, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!