Service Shop Technician
Company: Scheels Sports
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Career Opportunities > > Service Shop
Service Shop Technician/Mechanic
Title:Service Shop Technician/MechanicID:100042107424386Store
Location:St. Cloud, MNStatus:Full-TimeDepartment:Service Shop
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Full Time Service Shop Technician will provide world class
customer service through the Scheels service shop. This role will
provide store growth through labor sales and assembly of various
products throughout the entire store.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
* Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
* Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
* Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
* Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
* Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
* Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
* Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept
* Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
* Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and
* Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
* Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
* Efficiently provide maintenance and assembly of customer and
store equipment. Equipment may involve bicycles, exercise machines,
snowboards, skis, hockey skates and sticks, baseball gloves and
bats, golf clubs, racquet sports, paintball markers and other
merchandise in a Scheels Store.
* Safely filling CO2 and compressed air tanks for paintball
* Maintain accurate and detailed records for store and customer
* Ensure a clean and Professional Environment.
* Assist with delivering and loading customer equipment and
merchandise at the store and to customer residences.
* Ability to speak for extended periods to customers or
* Excellent Customer Service Skills
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operation and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* Ability to write reports and speak effectively before groups of
customers and associates.
* Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a
positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and
consideration while following Scheels policies and procedures.
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to complete basic mathematical equations.
* Ability to work a varied schedule to include weekends, evenings,
holidays, and scheduled training meetings
* Complete other duties as assigned by Leadership.
* Must be at least age 18
* High School Diploma, or General Education Degree(GED), one to
three months of related experience or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Strong mechanical ability.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel,
crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently,
and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m.,
Monday through Saturday, 10a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may
include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be
available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week
is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
* Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Associate Discount
* Health & Dental Insurance
* Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
* All State Accident Insurance
* Employee Assistant Program
* Paid Time Off
* Holiday Pay
* Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal
employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color,
national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability,
race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting
Keywords: Scheels Sports, Minneapolis , Service Shop Technician, Professions , Sartell, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!