Senior Business Analyst
Company: BTM Global
Posted on: April 10, 2021
View all jobs Senior Business Analyst Minneapolis, Minnesota --
Computer/Software Exempt, Full-time position
Location: Minneapolis, MN
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience
developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our
reputation is built on our expertise in software development and
our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business
value for their software investment. We are a fast growing
organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand
by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding
employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the
big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you
punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide
opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package.
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Senior Business Analysts provides a unique combination of
functional and technical product expertise and delivery
implementation experience in retail systems to design and deliver
software solutions! This person sets the course for business
requirements and processes that are foundational for creating
client deliverables and end-software modifications/systems to
retail clients.--Based on this work, the Senior Business Analyst
may also define, analyze and document current and future business
processes and the client business functions to help design software
functionality critical to a client's success.
- Serves as a lead team member to prioritize, delegate and
disseminate the work on the project delivery team and / or across
- Serves as a primary point of contact in the requirements
definition phase of projects. This involves research and
application of best practices to the client situation with respect
to business and operational processes, technologies, and industry
trends. May be required to be the internal and / or external point
of contact on specific projects.
- Operates in conjunction with the lead members of the project to
establish solution approach and organizes communications and
expectations to supporting members of the team.
- Participates in cross-pollination and domain discussions with
external clients, internal staff and off-shore teams.
- Possesses strong communication and analysis skills with ability
to mentor other business analysts or coach and lead resources who
operate in similar roles; dedicated to helping other team members
- Maps out and documents "as is" and "to be" process models,
defines associated business requirements, and performs gap analysis
between process models, technology and people.
- Works with key people (internally or externally) to identify
specific needs that may be necessary for the project.
- Partners with the development team to ensure requirements and
functionality are being met. Able to explain business focused
concepts to the rest of the development and client teams to ensure
software meets expectations.
- Creates requirement and functional design documents and is able
to present them to internal team members and clients. Follows up
with action items, and ensures the completion of each phase of the
methodology and SDLC.
- Educates the client with respect to technology terminology,
best practices, and business analysis project phases.
- Effectively plans, estimates, and documents core project
dependencies to project leadership and sponsors.
- Prepares accurate and detailed requirement specifications
documents, user interface guides, functional specification
documents, and related test documents.
- Plans, documents and executes the test scenarios and scripts.
May be involved in supporting client-based testing and issue
- Identifies and assists in managing any defects, change
requests, or new functionality related to the project and current
- Drives and insures deliverable completion.
- Directly supports the Project Manager with project decisions
regarding all things functional.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Other Skills:
- 5-7 years of business analysis experience ideally with client
- Previous experience gathering and documenting business
requirements, business processes, functional design and / or user
interface design information
- Previous experience working in Retail industry is a plus
- Previous experience working with various levels of management
and external clients
- Previous experience working with off-shore and remote teams is
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Candidate should have experience solving business problems with
technology / software
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication
- Some travel may be required based on client requirements and
will adhere to travel guidelines/restrictions related to current
Benefits:--BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that
includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous
company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance,
flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis
for Minneapolis employees.
Keywords:--Sr. Business Analyst, Senior BA, Sr. BA, Senior Business
Analyst, Functional Architect, implementation, Oracle Retail,
Xstore, ORPOS, POS, Micros, Payments, Functional Analyst,
requirements gathering, Retail, Stores Domain, Merch,
Keywords: BTM Global, Minneapolis , Senior Business Analyst, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!