Sr. Fixed Income Quantitative Analyst
Company: Thrivent Financial
Posted on: February 25, 2021
SummaryWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At
Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a
higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial
advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to
help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as
well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to
serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals
and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will
help them live the life they want today-and tomorrow.
Performs fixed income quantitative research studies and
builds/refines investment models and reporting in support of Senior
Management, Portfolio Managers and Fundamental Analysts. Assets
supported are all General Account and/or Mutual Fund assets. Scope
of work includes asset allocation strategies, capital markets, risk
factor assessment, asset performance and attribution, valuation and
insurance product support. Work activities include problem
identification, analysis, data collection, capital market research,
quantitative model construction, interpretation and
communication.Job DescriptionWorking independently or with
intermediate analysts or management:
- Access, collect or prepare market and accounting based data
utilizing available tools or by developing new methods.
- Develop and maintain quantitative models depicting asset
allocation strategies, fixed income specific investment risk and
return strategies, and absolute and relative value
- Develop and maintain complex investment reporting conveying
market and accounting based investment performance, portfolio and
or security risk, and capital market conditions.
- Interpret and convey conclusions from reporting and modeling
- As necessary, provide ad hoc research support to Senior
Management, Portfolio Managers and Fundamental Analysts.
- Provide investment analysis and reporting to support insurance
liability management and market pricing.
- Proactively improve and refine investment portfolio analytics
and management processes.Job Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience with fixed income investing and capital
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, mathematics or
related degree required.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, MBA or CFA
designation desired or in progress.
- Experience with Bloomberg and fixed income analytic platforms
such as Point, Factset, BondEdge, etc.
- Experience or study of fixed income pricing, portfolio
management, and risk management methodologies.
- Proficiency with fixed income derivatives.
- Working knowledge of R, Python, Matlab, or similar
platforms.Other Critical Factors
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines and sometimes urgent
- Ability to work independently and offer thought
- Demonstrates good verbal communication and writing skills, able
to convey simple and complex analysis.
- Team player. Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex , gender
identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran
status, genetic information, or any otherstatus protected by
applicable local, state , or federal law. This policy applies to
all employees and job applicants. Thrivent is committed to
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation , please let
us know by sending an email to-- email@example.com --or
call-- 800-847-4836 --and request Human Resources. Full time
REQ-22658 About Us At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a
goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to
providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and
generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've
been given. At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal
organization, as well as a holistic financial services
organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our
customers. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them
toward financial choices that will help them live the life they
want today-and tomorrow. For over 100 years, Thrivent has been
helping people build their financial futures and live more generous
lives. Today, it's a Fortune 500 company that offers a full range
of expert financial solutions, serving more than 2 million
customers, as well as the communities in which they live and work.
Thrivent fosters a diverse workforce to serve our diverse
clientele, reflecting a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
If you're intrigued about our work and the possibility of becoming
part of it, we invite you to visit Thrivent.com to learn more. You
won't just build a career; you'll be part of an organization
focused on growing, innovating, and serving. Suggested Jobs
- Equity Research Analyst, Financials Posted 20 Days Ago - MN -
- Emerging Markets Credit Analyst Posted 30+ Days Ago - MN -
- Actuarial Analyst Posted 8 Days Ago - MN - Minneapolis
- Director, Sr. Counsel - Investment Advisory Posted 8 Days Ago -
MN - Minneapolis, More...
Keywords: Thrivent Financial, Minneapolis , Sr. Fixed Income Quantitative Analyst, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!