Ecommerce Sr Data Analyst
Company: General Mills
Posted on: January 17, 2020
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food
makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and
connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food
companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and
markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature
Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso,
Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about
the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the
very best talent to help lead something big.
As part of the Global Ecommerce team, you will be working against
one of General Mills' key priorities as you design and build real
business solutions to improve the business decision-making of key
stakeholders. The purpose of the Global Ecommerce team is to
accelerate Ecommerce growth across GMI.
In the Senior Data Analyst - Global Ecommerce Reporting & Analytics
role you will sit at the center of key stakeholders and will drive
the adoption of reporting and analytics tools to drive GMI's
ecommerce business globally. You will be responsible for building,
maintaining, supporting, and driving adoption of the Ecommerce
reporting and analytics toolset. As the product owner you will
establish the roadmap for development, define required data sets,
partner to acquire and validate data sets, and lead the roll-out of
products in order to ensure business impact. You will gain
exposure, experience and connection with global business team.
We are looking for someone who thrives working in ambiguity, can
break down complex problems and solve creatively, and who has the
ability to work with both our business teams and tech teams to
advance our critical Ecommerce capability.
* Build roadmap/backlog of analytical tool sets
* Establish strong relationships with GMI operating Segments,
Sales, BX, GBS, and other stakeholders to create and drive
Ecommerce reporting and analytics vision.
* Lead (Product Owner) standardized Ecommerce Reporting at scale
across all key user groups (Segment teams, Sales, OUs, BX).
* Ensure alignment and appropriate integration with other reporting
and analytics efforts.
* Maintain, scale, and extend key reports and data visualization
over time to advance business goals.
* Collaborate cross-functionally to define requirements and build
* Partner with Segment Teams, Sales, BX, OUs to define reporting
* Understand current uses and future needs of key stakeholder
* Navigate tradeoffs as part of sprint process, translate business
needs into project deliverables, provide business context and
understanding of tradeoffs to GBS (IT) to maximize value creation
and ecosystem development.
* Champion the adoption of tools in our business teams
* Influence, educate, and train partner teams (Segment Teams,
Sales, Brand Experience, Operating Units, Global Business
Solutions) to adopt new tools; understand needs and develop
solutions that overcome barriers to usage
* Strategic Data Analysis
* Connect into extended global data teams to validate findings and
insights gained from data analysis.
* Work with customer teams and other stakeholders to identify and
vet sources of data.
* Manage existing and ingest new data sets.
* Partner with vendors on data and analytical approaches to enabled
reporting and analytical needs, as well as understand best
* Prepare and/or consult on preparation of data for usage - link
and align data to hierarchies and other data sets to enable scaled
use as part of Global Ecommerce data environment as well as partner
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Quantitative or related field
* At least 3 years of relevenant experience
* Comfort pulling, using, and analyzing multiple data sources: e.g.
Syndicated data (Nielsen / IRI / Spins), panel data, shopper card
data, electronic POS data, and related data sets
* Comfort with quantitative problem-solving including
experience/knowledge in business performance reporting, statistical
measurement, forecasting, clustering, regression, time series,
analytical understanding of statistical and predictive modeling
* Communication skills -- ability to teach and clearly communicate
with wide range of audiences
* Learning agility - ability to work in ambiguity to progressively
build enabling analytical tools
* Ability to mix analytical insights with business knowledge to
build solutions that measurably impact real business results
* Experience with analytical tools and databases from basic (Excel)
to advanced (SQL, Access, Oracle, SAS, and similar)
* Experience with data manipulation and visualization packages
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.
Keywords: General Mills, Minneapolis , Ecommerce Sr Data Analyst, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!