Platform Systems Engineer
Company: Ingersoll Rand
Posted on: January 17, 2020
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around
the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,
sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family
of brands-including Club Car-- , Ingersoll Rand-- , Thermo King-- ,
Trane-- , American Standard-- Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO--
- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes
and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and
increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global
business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring
results. For more information, visit .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an
equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse
workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United
States qualified protected veterans.
This Platform Systems Engineer will provide multidisciplinary
engineering support & development of transport refrigeration
- Requirements elicitation & analysis
- System architecture & modular design
- Modeling and simulation
- Controls algorithm development
- Testing & evaluation
- System optimization
- Reliability analysis
- Risk management
The ideal candidate will leverage strong critical thinking and
communication with deep product/application knowledge. They will
drive the best business solution based on requirements, technical
readiness, and trade-offs. They will demonstrate a continuous
pursuit for curiosity, learning, and understanding. The candidate
must work in physical, abstract, and conceptual domains-balancing
the big picture while objectively evaluating multiple
scenarios/solutions due to the usual ambiguity of balancing future
technologies with practical limits. They will work to continuously
identify, communicate, and manage risks to ensure project/program
success. Finally, they shall actively listen and seek input from
The role will demonstrate cross-functional collaboration by
facilitating and supporting activities at multiple levels and
between multiple teams:
- Developing strong communication/alignment with internal and
- Driving project execution and achieve project milestones
- Introduction of new technologies and processes
- Managing large or complex projects
- Building systems engineering capability
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or
Software Engineering (or similar discipline) with at least 6 years
work experience required.
- Master's or PhD in Engineering strongly preferred.
- Strong experience modeling and validating multidisciplinary
product systems required (integration of mechanics, hydraulics,
electronics, power transmission, fluids, etc).
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated technical leadership on complex mechanical /
- Experience in control of refrigeration or HVAC systems.
- Design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design
validation plan and report (DVP&R)
- Product architecture methods, functional analysis or product
Supplemental Skills & Knowledge:
- Systems Engineering fundamentals
- Electrical hardware or power electronics experience.
- Experience or certification in project management.
- A demonstrated history of innovation, e.g. patent
- Understanding of transportation, off-road agricultural,
construction or HVAC equipment.
- Experience with 6-- analysis and reporting tools: A3, 8D,
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal
and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns
with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you
live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and
diverse culture that engages as well as values the different
backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs
innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about
bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you
belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Keywords: Ingersoll Rand, Minneapolis , Platform Systems Engineer, Professions , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!