Welder - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift
Company: BTD Manufacturing
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We
provide custom metalwork services for some of the world's top
brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout
the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment,
and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We
are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a
publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Under general supervision, operates the manual welder and
inspects/ensures the production of quality parts. Inspect parts.
Help with design of jigs and fixtures for a safe and efficient
operation. Working 1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00AM-3:15PM or 2nd
Shift, Monday - Friday, 3:00PM-11:15PM or 3rd Shift, Sunday–
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee:
- Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work
- Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe
conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and
- Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to
support continuous improvement in safety.
- Ability to visualize and interpret blue prints and
- Manufacture quality parts by referring to the pattern, and
- Ability to use the basic inspection equipment (calipers, height
gauge, etc.) to be able to inspect parts being produced by the
- Ability to produce quality welds with the settings the cell was
- Ability to adjust to changes in production requirements.
- Ability to acknowledge problems with the welder and be able to
get the correct individual involved.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by following the clean-up
- Must be able to use the computer software to clock in and out
of work and in/out of jobs along with checking job count.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from
high school or equivalent.
Experience and Skills Required: At least two years of wire welding
and other related mechanical and shop experience which includes the
following skills and abilities:
- Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Knowledge of basic Welding.
- Basic knowledge of a Welder #2.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and
are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of
all our open BTD positions, please go to:www.btdmfg.com***
Keywords: BTD Manufacturing, Minneapolis , Welder - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift, Other , Lakeville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!