Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Company: Harry Meyering Center
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Direct Support Professional This position is responsible for
providing direct support, positive direction and assistance to
individuals in accordance with program policies and procedures and
personal outcome measures. We offer paid training and flexible
scheduling. Education: Must be at least 18 years of age. No prior
experience or training required. Preferred qualifications
- ---High school graduate or equivalent. Additional experience
with people with developmental disabilities preferred or as
required by regulations. Must be 18 years of age, or older.
- As applicable, must possess a valid driver's license and good
driving record as defined by Harry Meyering's policy.
- Additional certifications may be required by regulations. Some
positions may require access to a vehicle in sound operating
condition and proof of current auto insurance.
- Clear background checks as defined by regulations and
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to do daily standing, bending and lifting.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours at a time.
- Interest in assisting people supported to achieve personal
outcomes and to provide person-centered supports. Must possess good
verbal, reading and written communication in English, basic math
skills and basic computer skills. Ability and willingness to
successfully complete and apply training.
- Have the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with
others. Flexibility with respect to hours of work and changing
conditions-be of good moral character and have an interest in the
welfare of the individuals, have training and/or interest in the
field of developmental disabilities and have a willingness/ability
to communicate with and relate to individuals, parents, guardians,
fellow-staff, representatives of community agencies and company
management. Specific Responsibilities
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Harry Meyering
- Assist individuals with daily personal cares (toileting,
- Demonstrates responsible work habits.
- Supervises and assists individuals with routine activities of
- Implements programs and procedures as written.
- Documents and communicates information for programming.
- Initiates leisure opportunities and encourages
- Interacts with individuals in a genuine and respectful
- Supports and/or provides for medical needs of individuals.
- Maintains cleanliness of the home/apartment.
- Supports team-oriented work environments.
- Provides safe working and living environments.
- Pursues professional growth and development.
- Fills unstructured shift time with relevant job-related tasks;
these may include, but are not limited, to interactions with
individuals, activities, cleaning, etc.
- Assists supervisor with various tasks and special projects as
directed. Harry Meyering Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer It is the policy of HMC to afford equal opportunity
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation,
status with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic
protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of the
application process and employment relationship including but not
limited to hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination,
discipline, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: Harry Meyering Center, Minneapolis , Direct Support Professional (DSP), Other , Mankato, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!