Cost and Operations Strategy Project Lead
Company: Collins Aerospace
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Date Posted:2019-01-30-08:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:HMN01: S&IS (Sensors) - Burnsville 14300 Judicial Rd, Burnsville, MN, 55306 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means were helping passengers reach their
destination safely. Were connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And were providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position is for an Experienced professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Supply Chain Management. May mange moderately sized projects for supply chain management. Works to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on Supply Chain strategies and operational goals. Responsible for making significant improvements to supply chain management processes and systems. Works to influence other functions/vendors to support Supply Chain strategy.
- Executes key elements of Supply Chain plans in terms of operations, specific interventions, related costs and timelines, in line with organizational strategy.
- Identifies gaps in processes related to supply chain; Conducts root cause analysis and identifies strategies to build the gaps. Implements identified processes to closure.
- Gathers inputs on prices of different raw materials from primary and secondary sources. Supports identification of opportunities for outsourcing and cost reduction.
- Implements guidelines on vendor management.
- Adheres to import, export, and excise regulation as per compliance.
- May manage planning and warehousing processes for order and procurement.
- Manages major responsibilities across multiple supply chain disciplines on a regular basis.
- Performs supply chain activities that cannot be attributed to a defined discipline.
- May also include professional employees required to perform activities across several disciplines on smaller sites
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years related experience or 5 years with an advanced degree
- Engineering, Operations, or Supply Chain background preferred
- Master of Business Administration degree (MBA degree) preferred
- Certified Project Manager (PMP Certification) preferred
- Aerospace experience; or other highly regulated industry preferred
- Cross functional leadership preferred
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, Minneapolis , Cost and Operations Strategy Project Lead, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!