Staff Systems Engineer
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Staff Systems Engineer
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 74977BR Date posted 10/22/2018 City Burnsville
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. Thats why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Staff Systems Engineer works in a focused, cross-functional team of engineers designing and developing aviation sensors and integrated systems. This role interfaces with senior engineers, operations, quality, program management, business development, and customers to establish requirements for new programs, execute existing developments, and support in-service products. The candidate should have skills and experience in the major disciplines of systems engineering: modeling and simulation, systems architecture development, requirements development/management, and validation and verification
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Participate in the new product design cycle with engineering teams, including design reviews.
- Establishing and adhering to schedules and budget for system engineering activities.
- Gather and evaluate customer and industry specifications/requirements based on understanding of domain and technology.
- Providing system-level engineering expertise and technical leadership to a cross-functional engineering team, from requirements definition through detailed design implementation and verification.
- Develop, validate, and manage system-level requirements, and allocation of requirements to lower-level functions.
- Participation in architecture trade studies, modeling/analysis/simulation, component failure mode and effects analysis, and safety analysis.
- Performing statistical and qualitative analyses of data sets
- Leading and/or supporting system-level functional, performance, and robustness testing.
- Supporting compliance to SAE ARP4754, or other guidelines, for development of aircraft systems as required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in a systems design environment required.
- Strong experience in design practices with consideration for system-level performance and aerospace certification requirements including SAE ARP4754, RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-254, and RTCA/DO-160 preferred.
- Experience with DOORS, Polarion ALM, and MATLAB/Simulink/StateFlow strongly desired.
- Experience with video technologies, aircraft systems and data management, embedded HW/SW, Agile development processes, or cybersecurity a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering required. Software or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Advanced degrees or degrees in more than one discipline are a plus
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Minneapolis , Staff Systems Engineer, Other , Burnsville, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!