Float Teller (Member Service Officer)
Company: Spire Credit Union
Location: Elk River
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Are you looking for an AWESOME place to work? SPIRE Credit Union has created a work environment where employees can flourish and be successful. We believe in the 5 As: Ability, Attitude, Ambition, and Achievement which leads to each and every employee becoming an Ambassador for SPIRE. SPIRE Credit Union is driven by our Midwestern Values to hire people that do right by our members. If this describes you, please apply for our full-time Float Teller in our Elk River/Princeton branches. This position will float between our Elk River and Princeton branches and must be able to work Saturday rotations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Execute financial transactions in a timely, accurate and professional manner to provide needed services and promote positive relationships.
- Complete necessary computing and recording procedures to provide requested services (deposits, withdrawals, certificates, loan payments, etc.) and to maintain account records.
- Research and resolve members questions and disputes (NSF and checkbook reconciling, corrects teller/ ACH/ ATM errors, etc.).
- Balance cash drawer and completes record keeping daily to assure accuracy of all transactions and compliance with internal controls; assists in branch opening and closing procedures.
Recommend and refer appropriate products and services to meet members financial needs and support SPIREs growth objectives.
- Identify members financial needs and markets appropriate SPIRE products and services.
- Record the referrals for future reference and following contact, including correspondence and telephone referral.
- Initiate appropriate contact or follow up on all service and sales leads on a timely basis with outbound calls and or correspondence.
Perform duties to support effective branch operations.
- Oversee the inventory of office supplies and printed material to keep the branch prepared to meet members needs.
- Supply information center with brochures and reorders materials and supplies as needed.
- Complete daily ATM and instant issue procedures for the accurate and efficient completion of operations.
- Balance vault and card stock to ensure accurate inventory and records.
- Exhibit SPIREs Core 5A culture Ambassador, Achievement, Ambition, Ability, and Attitude.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support effective branch operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience: One month to twelve months of similar or related experience.
- Education: A high school education or GED
- Knowledge of professional telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of professional business etiquette.
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic.
- Knowledge of professional business grammar.
- Knowledge of professional correspondence.
- Skill of selling, including the ability to identify members' needs, to explain features and benefits of SPIRE services, and to close sales opportunities.
- Skill of typing and the ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator; ability to learn to use various office equipment.
- Ability to develop professional relationships with members and to build cooperative teams with co-workers.
- Ability to problem-solve and to make decisions.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and to maintain a courteous demeanor in a busy, high-stress work environment.
- Ability to employ simple communication skills (listening, reading, tact, courtesy).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Spire Credit Union, Minneapolis , Float Teller (Member Service Officer), Other , Elk River, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!