Customer Care Representative - Retirement
Location: Saint Paul
Posted on: July 13, 2018
Job Description Summary
As a customer care professional, you receive inbound phone inquiries from our customers. You are responsible for developing internal and external customer relationships by providing understandable, concise, and accurate information through written and oral communication. Service customers using multiple systems, technologies, and the coordination of other functions is required. Your goal each day is to ensure each interaction you have with our customers results in a great and positive experience, turning them into net promoters of Transamerica!
Job DescriptionHere are the core responsibilities expected from our customer care professionals:
- Provides an excellent customer experience using knowledge of the retirement business to relay information on a variety of complex customer service requests, while focusing on customer satisfaction, quality, and accuracy.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and company information.
- Represents Transamerica with professional pride to internal and external customers.
- Communicates with customers regarding service request or problems; documents, evaluates and resolves customers inquiries.
- Thoroughly documents all contacts and conversations; follows up as required.
- Works with other departments to complete customer requests as needed, and minimize escalations.
- Gains proficiency in various administration and automated workflow systems.
- Consistently meets/exceeds set monthly, quarterly, and annual goals as determined by department.
- Functions within a team based environment, and actively participates in achieving team goals.
- Follows departmental attendance and schedule compliance policies.
In order to join the Transamerica family, we expect our customer care professionals to:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Up to one year experience of contact center and / or customer service experience
- Fundamental computer knowledge and maneuverability with windows applications
Our preferred qualifications are:
- Associates degree
- General understanding of life and health insurance
- Knowledge of retirement and annuity investment products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to develop integrity, trust and respect of coworkers at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Normal office environment
- May work varied shifts
**Some positions offer Spanish bilingual differential**
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.
Keywords: Transamerica, Minneapolis, Customer Care Representative - Retirement, Other, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!