Semi-Permanent Display Designer
Company: The IMAGINE Group
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description At Imagine, we go beyond print to help our clients
deliver game-changing visual communications from concept to
delivery that set the standard for our industry. The first step in
this process is hiring great employees! Our innovative teams are
the most committed, highly experienced artisans in the business. We
are committed to delivering high-quality marketing solutions, in
every environment and campaign, helping our clients capture the
heart, minds, and loyalty of their customers. For more than 30
years, The Imagine Group has established itself as one of the most
influential and innovative visual communications companies in the
industry. Join us and let's Imagine a better way together.
This position is responsible for working and collaborating with
Account Executives, Account Managers, Clients, and Supply Vendor to
develop innovative, unique production art and design to support
original and adapted content while developing cost effective
dimensional temporary and semi-permanent displays, as well as
packaging, utilizing a variety of different substrates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, design, and output multidimensional semi-permanent
displays utilizing Solid Works software.
- Design & output drawings, die lines, and samples.
- Work with all Account Executives and Account Managers within
the family of owned companies.
- Work in conjunction with other creative design team members for
feasibility of ideas.
- Work closely with the estimating department to determine
- Collaborate with production department managers and employees,
to ensure client expectations are exceeded.
- Meet and work closely with clients in a consultative, ethical,
and professional manner.
- Travel both locally and nationally as required.
- Work safely and abide by established safety policies and
procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Participate in implementation of process improvement for
internal/external customers through data collection, standardized
procedures, and teamwork.
- Be able to identify factors critical to quality as determined
by the customer, reducing process variation, and improving
capabilities and increasing stability.
- This position will float between permanent display and
temporary display requests and demand requires.
Other Job Duties
- Develop innovative, strategic, and cutting-edge design
solutions across mediums from concept through implementation that
translate, support, and activate our customer's brands.
- Oversee production of deliverables while coordinating internal
management and timelines.
- Provide perspectives on design and brands for both internal
discussion and client meetings.
- Participate in the creative and strategic brainstorming
- Quickly translate data points visually, and present in an easy
to digest visual.
- Stay current with art research and development efforts within
the industry including graphic, scenic, and visual trends.
- Accompany Account Executives on occasion to present new
products or designs to customers or prospects.
- Analyze changes in the industry and research innovations in
equipment that can be adapted to company operations.
- Design permanent displays in a timely manner considering
variables such as retailor requirements, customer preferences,
quality, and cost.
Qualifications of Positions:
- College degree in industrial design, packaging, or
merchandising designs and/or 5 years design experience with a
display/packaging company, or equivalent.
- Solid Works knowledge preferred. ARTIOS CAD knowledge a
- Experience in 3D modeling preferred.
- Experience in projects that use multiple materials (plastics,
paperboard, corrugated, motion, lights).
- Proficiency in digital design software and tools as well as the
creation of typical outputs.
- A willingness to broaden expertise to other areas of design
while refining proficiency in primary abilities.
- Ability to quickly concept multiple design solutions and
- Ability to work well under pressure in a highly collaborative
Knowledge and Skills
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Engineering
- Knowledge of Kongsberg Sample Cutters
- Knowledge of 3D printing
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Knowledge of Retail environments
- Production of mockups: prepping files, printing and mounting
and assembling final display
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Occasional walking.
- Manual dexterity for repetitive work.
- Frequent sitting for prolonged periods of time working with
- Travel, as needed by client.
- Setting up displays with product.
- Ability to lift, push and pull.
Imagine is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. Diversity and Inclusion are not just a checked box, it is a
critical part of our commitment to deliver innovative solutions to
our clients and provide a great place to work for our entire
Imagine family. We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive
workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100%
of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Keywords: The IMAGINE Group, Minneapolis , Semi-Permanent Display Designer, Other , Shakopee, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!