Company: Burnett Dairy Cooperative
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Burnett Dairy Cooperative - Master Operator Position Title:
Master OperatorDivision: Dairy DivisionDepartment:
ProductionStatus: Non-Exempt, HourlyClass: LaborerSupervisor: Plant
ManagerSupervises: N/A Position Purpose: The Master Operator is
responsible to work where scheduled within the cheese production
facility, specifically in the Makeroom, Whey, Loaf Pack, and Shred
departments. This position will be trained and able to do all the
responsibilities of the Makeroom Operator, Cheese Maker, Whey
Operator, Loaf Pack Operator, and Shred Operator.Primary
- Be able and willing to complete all functions and duties
outlined in the job descriptions for positions that the Master
Operator position will backfill including, but not limited to:
- Makeroom: this position is responsible for assisting the
cheesemakers in the production of cheese, monitors machines,
including the flow, temperature, PH and acid.
- Whey Process Operator: responsible for whey-based products from
the time whey enters the pasteurizer until it leaves the plant
either as whey protein concentrate or whey permeate.
- Cheesemaker: operates machines that pasteurize and cook the
milk, monitor the cooking temperature, and mix ingredients for the
- Loaf Pack: responsible for packaging loafs of cheese, monitors
machinery and ensures quality of product.
- Shred: pulls cheese for production, operates shred machinery,
pulling bags of cheese off conveyor, cleaning and sanitizing all
machinery, tools, shred room, and record keeping.
- Backfill for displaced associates due to sick leave, LOA, and
vacation on all shifts.
- Fill current openings on all shift on an interim basis while
recruitment efforts are underway
- Demonstrate working knowledge of machine operations and overall
- Accurately record production information Additional
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety guidelines including the use of required
personal protective equipment to ensure health and safety of self
- All other duties as appropriate for this position.Job
- Must be flexible, adaptable, willing and able to complete any
specific position as assigned.
- Ability to work variable shifts, weekends, and/or holidays (as
- Regular and dependable attendance is required
- Good verbal communication skills and legible handwriting
- Ability to function in an active and demanding work
- Ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license. Previous
forklift operator experience preferred, but not required.Physical
- Lift up to 50 Pounds; Push/Pull/Stack up to 50 Pounds on
- Stand on feet for entire shift
- Repetitive Motion; frequent use of hands
- Required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch as
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, damp work environment as
well as cold climate. While this job description is intended to be
an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves
the right to modify, add or remove duties from jobs and to assign
other duties as necessary. Associated topics: baler, boxing,
distribution, label, package, packaging banding, packing,
pharmaceutical packaging, scan, straw sealing
Keywords: Burnett Dairy Cooperative, Minneapolis , Master Operator, Other , Siren, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!