Direct Support Professional Senior - Behavior Modification Asst
Company: Department of Human Services - Direct Care and Tre
Posted on: September 21, 2023
When all employees are embraced, respected and heard, we will
build a collaborative, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist culture
where everyone thrives.
Working Title: Direct Support Professional Senior
Job Class: Behavior Modification Assistant
Agency: Human Services Dept
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 07/18/2023
- Closing Date: 10/02/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Human Services
- Division/Unit: Direct Care and Treatment - Community Based
Services / Minnesota State Operated Community Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Days/Evenings/Overnights/Rotating Shift
(ex: 7:00a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.; hours may vary
depending on the needs of the program)
- Days of Work: Varies; may include weekends and holidays
- Travel Required: Yes (Transport and accompany individuals to
medical appointments, community outings, recreational activities,
and spiritual events)
- Salary Range: $20.41 - $26.89 / hourly
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 204 - Health Care Non
- Work Area: Cambridge, and Isanti, MN
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: No
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with
Disabilities : Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you'll do is more than just a job. Join the talented,
engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better
Candidates may be eligible for up to a $2,500 hiring bonus!
This posting will be used to fill multiple permanent, full-time (80
hours), part-time and intermittent (on-call) Direct Care positions
within DHS Community Based Services sites in Cambridge, and Isanti,
Minnesota. Shifts Available: Day, rotating (day/evening
combination) OR overnight. We also offer shift differential for
hours between 7pm and 7am!
As a Behavior Modification Assistant (BMA) you will be responsible
for supporting individuals who are in our short- and long-term
housing program. These individuals may have intellectual
disabilities, mental illness, brain injury, and other emotional,
behavioral, medical complexities. In this position you will ensure
the people we serve achieve their highest quality of life and
personal growth! You will do this by
- Assisting in assessing individual's needs by performing direct
- Developing and implementing residential and habilitation
support plans with goals and methods.
- Evaluating and documenting out-comes, maintaining or modifying
the plans and performing related work as required.
- Respond therapeutically using de-escalation strategies and
positive behavior supports to individuals with challenging
With locations across Minnesota, it is likely we will have a
vacancy near you, working at one home rather than multiple
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual
disabilities, mental illness, and/or co-occurring
- Experience with verbal de-escalation strategies and working
with individuals who exhibit aggressive behaviors.
- Clear communication skills to understand and communicate
complex services with community members, employers and
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to perform all physical/essential requirements
with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural
responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of
experiences working effectively with others from different
backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience collecting and summarizing data to document program
delivery by observation, charting and measuring.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume
clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates
the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will
conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and
criminal background check prior to appointment.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have
questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line
at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional
information about the application process, go to
CERTAIN DISABLED VETERANS: Effective August 1, 2012, legislation
provides state agencies with the option to appoint certain disabled
veterans on a noncompetitive basis if they: 1) meet service
requirements and have a verified service-connected disability
rating of at least 30%; 2) provide qualifying documentation
verifying the disability; and 3) meet all Minimum Qualifications
identified in this posting. To be considered under this legislation
you must submit all documentation before the closing date.
If you have questions about the position, contact CBS Staffing at
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply
online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof
of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Sandra Perna at
About Human Services Dept
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services
impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them
meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest
Why Work for Us
DHS operates a highly specialized behavioral health care system
that serves people with mental illness, substance abuse disorders,
and developmental and intellectual disabilities. This includes
psychiatric hospitals and other inpatient mental health treatment
facilities; inpatient substance abuse treatment facilities; dental
clinics, group homes, vocational sites, and sex offender treatment
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that
reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve.
The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the
work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other
cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and
work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being,
professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee,
your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type
of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective
bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the
State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action,
and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes
that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages
qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and
veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants
with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who
needs assistance or cannot access the online job application
system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or
email email@example.com and indicate what assistance is
Keywords: Department of Human Services - Direct Care and Tre, Minneapolis , Direct Support Professional Senior - Behavior Modification Asst, Other , Cambridge, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!