Company: Sportech, LLC
Location: Elk River
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Sportech is a rapidly growing company in Elk River, MN. We are
looking for talented people who wish to join a values-based company
that desires to help our people and customers win. We design,
manufacture, and assemble cab components and systems for the
powersports, golf and turf, industrial and agricultural end
markets. Our design and engineering capabilities allow us to
provide complex components and assemblies to our original equipment
manufacturer customers. We are always on the gas and seeking
dynamic, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to join our
The position consists of tool design and manufacturing of tooling
using 3-axis and/or 5-axis machining centers for parts in the
plastic thermoforming industry. Ability to design tools consistent
with industry standards in regards to part run-out, tool close
offs, etc. Responsibilities include reading and interpreting
blueprints, providing information regarding manufacturability, and
strong understanding of best machining practices.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and interpret blueprints or work from verbal or written
instructions, sketches or from the actual part to be copied or
- A working knowledge of plastic properties.
- Plan the setup and operation of various machine shop tools,
considering types of material, tolerances and machine tool feeds
and speeds; as well as most appropriate cutting tool
- Use precision measuring and gauging tools, performing required
inspections before, during and after machining.
- Use hand tools of the trade for modifications as required.
- Assist product designers by providing information about
potential manufacturing difficulties with new product designs.
- Maintain organized libraries of CAD files, CNC programs, DXFs
and other related files.
- Perform CNC and conventional machining applying most efficient
speed and feeds, as well as most appropriate cutting tool
- Troubleshoot existing programs to gain improvements in quality
- FDM printer programming, setup and operation.
- Associate of Science degree required with coursework in CAD-CAM
required or equivalent work experience.
- CAD-CAM Software experience (Mastercam and Solidworks
- Extensive knowledge in tool fabrication and demonstrated
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize and
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Willingness to follow safety rules when operating machine tools
and assembling heavy mold parts.
Keywords: Sportech, LLC, Minneapolis , Tooling Designer, Other , Elk River, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!