Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Marriott Minneapolis NW
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Summary:The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for
assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager while
providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests
prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also
responsible for maximizing room revenue and
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required. High School diploma or equivalent
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful high pressure situations
including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including
anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front
desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit
- Be able to perform all duties of Front Desk Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check room
rate verification report and housekeeping report have been
accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that
all Aimbridge Hospitality standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow associates and other departments within the hotel (set
example for other associates be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that associates are following and
maintaining Aimbridge Hospitality standards (i.e. answering phones
call-backs to guests guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a
friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform complete and ensure that all tasks and
duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and
- Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly
helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional
- Be involved in departmental meeting planning and
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted
- Perform any other duty as required by management.
- Assist in training of new hires and current associates on a
- Attend meetings as required by management. Property
Details:Featuring an indoor pool and health club, this Minneapolis
Marriott Northwest hotel offers suites equipped with living areas
and sofa beds. The hotel, located just off Interstate 94, serves a
continental breakfast is served each morning. .Each suite at
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest comes equipped with 2 flat-screen
TVs. All air-conditioned suites include a refrigerator and a large
work desk.A convenience store with snacks and drinks is available
on the property at Minneapolis Marriott Northwest. The 24-hour
front desk offers guests fax and photocopying services and daily
newspapers. A business center is featured on site.Company
Overview:As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our
growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and
22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury
hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates
around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and
driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone
is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with
Aimbridge Hospitality.Benefits:After an initial waiting period,
those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive
benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Marriott Minneapolis NW, Minneapolis , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , Minneapolis, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...