Assembly Team Lead
Company: Amesbury Group
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Grow your leadership skills at AmesburyTruth!
What we offer!
- Attractive Benefits -$1,500 New Hire Bonus!
- Competitive Wages
- Retirement plans
- Education reimbursement
- In house training programJoin ourAmesburyTruthteam! Immediate
opening on 1st shift.
1st shift hours are 5:00am-3:30pm, Tuesday-Friday.
Starting pay for this position is $20.25 per hour but can be higher
based on previous experience!
- Assign and coordinate work schedules of department employees to
ensure daily schedule of quality parts to be shipped is complete.
Will be responsible for full and productive use of available
working hours and machine time within the department. Guide,
motivate and evaluate employee performance.Essential Duties
- Carry out routine departmental operations by meeting regularly
with the Supervisor. Keep supervisor informed of critical
- Lead daily team start up meeting and stretching. Be present
during morning GEMBA walks
- Develop daily employee work schedules by setting job priorities
based on dispatch list, determine when and if parts should be run,
schedule appropriate person to the task and monitor progress.
- Ensure timely completion of dispatch list by advising
supervisor of project status and recommending additional
- Act as a resource, resolve problems and answer questions from
department employees concerning job related daily activities.
Direct more challenging issues to department Supervisor.
- Provide coaching, leadership and direction for the
- Ensure quality of product by visually checking parts before
they are packed in boxes, taking necessary action to correct
- Review and monitor accuracy of information to ensure paperwork
is properly completed and maintained.
- Assist supervisor with weekly and yearly quality audits.
- Maintain the highest level of safety and housekeeping
throughout the area of responsibility so the health and welfare of
personnel is protected.
- Hourly monitor progress of work by using hour by hour data,
scheduling boards and by ensuring standard work is being
- May fill in on a machine when necessary to allow short
- Initiate and assist in continuous improvement activities.
- Coordinate training for new employees.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.Requirements
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong leadership, communication, problem solving and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan use of time and people effectively
- Competent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and
an ERP system.Qualifications / Prior Experience
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience and
- Knowledge utilizing Lean Manufacturing and ERP systems is
- Bilingual skills preferredWork Environment / Other Requirements
- Must be able to use normal office equipment (scanner, printer,
copier, and computer).
- The work performed is conducted in a climate-controlled
facility with moderate noise levels that are within OSHA
- A variety of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling and
stooping. Considerable moderate to heavy lifting of materials.
Keywords: Amesbury Group, Minneapolis , Assembly Team Lead, Other , Owatonna, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...